Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,592,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave
i hope this article is true...we can only hope such a tactic is enough to outweigh obamas cronies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, My, God.
He also probably feels comfortable questioning other people's Americanness while advocating the destruction of the democratic process. No shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,488,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i hope this article is true...we can only hope such a tactic is enough to outweigh obamas cronies.
This is one of the most anti-American comments I've seen on here.

Never mind crying about Michelle Obama's patriotism, supporting the troops, etc. ; this is a complete disregard for the democratic process that our nation is built upon.

How would you justify ANY sort of tampering with the election process, Democrat or Republican?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I have family that live in NM and they told me that NM has always had election fraud. The fact is that they are quite blatant about it also. BTW, it happens to be the Dems in NM that do the election fraud.
I hope you'll be letting vulnerable people in your area of NM know they can call to make sure they're on the rolls, and you'll remind them to bring their reg. card and ID (even if not required) on Nov. 4 in case they're asked to register again.

Dont let the Dems get away with it!

Seriously. Dont let anyone. Do what's right.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,982,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
How would you justify ANY sort of tampering with the election process, Democrat or Republican?
Easy, because y'all have been discounting the ACORN outrage for weeks now. You obviously don't care so why should we? Yawn.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
This is one of the most anti-American comments I've seen on here.

Never mind crying about Michelle Obama's patriotism, supporting the troops, etc. ; this is a complete disregard for the democratic process that our nation is built upon.

You should check out some of those Michelle Obama comments from this evening.

It's not just anti-American, it's giving a wink and a big thumbs up to breaking the law. It's criminal.

Can you imagine being like that?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,592,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Easy, because y'all have been discounting the ACORN outrage for weeks now. You obviously don't care so why should we? Yawn.
Why don't you try being better then? Don't roll around in the mud, though I have a hard time listening to people who don't seem to know the difference between bottom--up voter REGISTRATION fraud, when there are still checks in place to catch it, and eliminating legitimate voter registrations by those in positions of power.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 PM

In Texas, after you register, you can check to make sure you're on the list by going to the Secretary of State's office. It takes a little longer to get your card and if it doesn't arrive in time you can still vote with your driver's license as ID. This isn't rocket science, people. It just takes a tiny bit of responsibility.

Voter lists are ROUTINELY purged every so often in every jurisdiction to remove duplicate names when people move, marry, etc. If you move or you don't get a new voter card after yours expires, you need to check. This isn't a "conspiracy."

Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Why don't you try being better then? Don't roll around in the mud, though I have a hard time listening to people who don't seem to know the difference between bottom--up voter REGISTRATION fraud, when there are still checks in place to catch it, and eliminating legitimate voter registrations by those in positions of power.
This place is a proverbial pigpen; the only way to stomach it is to set propriety aside and jump right in. It's not as if this place reflects the majority of experiences and opinions from people in real life.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Teatime, please learn the difference between voter registration fraud and vote fraud.

That's all. Just learn it.

This is serious, not a game.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 PM

615 posts, read 1,168,865 times
Nader is a better candidate than Obama!
We don't want other people's money
because were middle class.
Obama will make doctors raise premiums.
Great speaker doesn't equal good president.
He knows little about the position.
If he wins i am very afraid for my family
and the USA...
We are doomed under this Obama as preisdent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections