Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm not saying that most McCain supporters are racist, ok? However, look at some of the postings I've seen on this forum and incidents nationwide, like....
75 lb bear cub killed with Obama signs stapled to its head (that could be racist).
Oregon college has man hanging Obama poster from a tree.
Cincinnati man hangs Obama ghost from his tree.
If McCain, won by say 2% points or less (not even nationwide, but in your state), well, it's likely those votes from those kind of people put him over the top (or even the subtle ones that don't burn crosses, but think the POTUS should be reserved for a white christian only), would you welcome those votes, if your man would win?
If there's a chance that McCain would win by say, 8 to 10 points, than it's a mute point. However, if anyone could win by that much, I'm 90% sure it would be Obama.

JFK was the first Catholic elected president and he faced severe criticism for his religion.....Of course he was able to overcome because he had a vision and a plan and was not a moron!
Let's remember there have been several Democrats that have been linked to the KKK and racism.....the KKK was founded by the dems and killed Republicans helping Blacks.....even Al Gore voted against civil rights as 85% of dems have always voted against civil rights( you can look it up on the voting record).....Can you name one Republican with ties to the KKK?
I guess those racist folks would be dems.......OUCH! My mother would be one of them......she lives in Southern Indiana and has been a dem her whole life and is now in a HUGE group of teachers for McCain and is even campaigning for him.......OUCH!
I followed my non-racist Republican dad when it came to politics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that most McCain supporters are racist, ok? However, look at some of the postings I've seen on this forum and incidents nationwide, like....
75 lb bear cub killed with Obama signs stapled to its head (that could be racist).
Oregon college has man hanging Obama poster from a tree.
Cincinnati man hangs Obama ghost from his tree.
If McCain, won by say 2% points or less (not even nationwide, but in your state), well, it's likely those votes from those kind of people put him over the top (or even the subtle ones that don't burn crosses, but think the POTUS should be reserved for a white christian only), would you welcome those votes, if your man would win?
If there's a chance that McCain would win by say, 8 to 10 points, than it's a mute point. However, if anyone could win by that much, I'm 90% sure it would be Obama.

Yeah, McCain supporters are the racists, right?

Next time around how about we run a republican for president with a resume like Obama's. White voters our sure to vote for him simply based on his race, right?

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes. Whatever it takes. Sorry.
At least she's honest.
I would not want the Nation of Islams vote, even if it would give Obama the election, but they probably make up .000001% of his supporters.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM

[quote=artifice;5794711]JFK was the first Catholic elected president and he faced severe criticism for his religion.....Of course he was able to overcome because he had a vision and a plan and was not a moron!
[color=black][font=Verdana]Let's remember there have been several Democrats that have been linked to the KKK and racism.....the KKK was founded by the dems and killed Republicans helping Blacks.....even Al Gore voted against civil rights as 85% of dems have always voted against civil rights( you can look it up on the voting record).....Can you name one Republican with ties to the KKK?

David Duke.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, McCain supporters are the racists, right?

Next time around how about we run a republican for president with a resume like Obama's. White voters our sure to vote for him simply based on his race, right?

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3
You all already did vote in someone with a resume (about the same amount of overall experience, maybe a little bit more, but bad experience) like Obama. George W Bush.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Short term memory loss Quest?

About as cool as Obama winning for the same reason..

What did you mean by the same reason?
I've read your postings and your not stupid enough to be asking that question.

There is NO doubt that blacks supporting white politicians (particularly Republicans) get criticized massivly in the black community. Remember "uncle Tom", Cracker comments, or do you want to pretend those terms are not used towards blacks who support whites.

My own gf (black) couldnt date me (a "white" guy) without giving up her family and friends, not a chance you'll get me to think politics is any different

Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Can you name one Republican with ties to the KKK?

David Duke.
and see how long Republicans supported him, he got far, didnt he.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times
[quote=beenhereandthere;5794783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
JFK was the first Catholic elected president and he faced severe criticism for his religion.....Of course he was able to overcome because he had a vision and a plan and was not a moron!
[color=black][font=Verdana]Let's remember there have been several Democrats that have been linked to the KKK and racism.....the KKK was founded by the dems and killed Republicans helping Blacks.....even Al Gore voted against civil rights as 85% of dems have always voted against civil rights( you can look it up on the voting record).....Can you name one Republican with ties to the KKK?

David Duke.
Sorry David Duke was a dem first and switched to the Populist party and then to the Republican party he had to keep switching parties so that he may actually win something....so he was a life-long dem until the late 80's.....no go!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Most intelligent people know there are always the "fringe" crowd that, as McCain's daughter put it, drink way too much caffeine before they arrive at the rallies, etc.

You get "fringe" people in every arena of life. We have them in the church too! lol

Big deal! Life goes on and we laugh.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've read your postings and your not stupid enough to be asking that question.

There is NO doubt that blacks supporting white politicians (particularly Republicans) get criticized massivly in the black community. Remember "uncle Tom", Cracker comments, or do you want to pretend those terms are not used towards blacks who support whites.

My own gf (black) couldnt date me (a "white" guy) without giving up her family and friends, not a chance you'll get me to think politics is any different
Blacks supporting white politicians running against another white? I don't follow.
Yea, why blacks would vote Republican with people like Cheney and Palin in it is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections