Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Yes.

I always wait until Election Day to make my final decision. To me, someone saying that nothing could change their mind are close-minded. I remain open to both (three?) sides until the very last minute.

So you're voting the person, not the party. Each party's platform ain't going to change in the next two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Wow ! ! ! My decision was made when the U.S. was founded with the intent of a small federal government.

Pipe dream as of our time. You must want to America with an economy the size of Bolivia!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I agree the platform isn't goign to change in the next two weks. Loking at their voting record and bils they sponsred is more proof of their politics than what they say they are going to do.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Did you hear about the town that had more "early votes" than they have legal registered voters???? ACORN at work!
I'm wondering f we are going to have a major problem with that. My friend said people vote twice in Philly, at 2 different polling places.. also Acorn

I did vote already and I know I'm not changing my mind.

Diane G

Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Did you hear about the town that had more "early votes" than they have legal registered voters???? ACORN at work!
Who cares.Diebold was at work last time and repukes rejoiced at that fact.WHERE is this town you speak of or are you just

Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
A lot of people don't vote in the same town they live in. Especially people who are filing absentee votes. I voted at a site near my church. It's 16 miles from where I live.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
A lot of people don't vote in the same town they live in. Especially people who are filing absentee votes. I voted at a site near my church. It's 16 miles from where I live.
I've never voted absentee and I was kind of wondering about that and if you vote within your same precinct.Thanks Normie

Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times
I already voted, I'm working as a poll watcher on election day. Those of you who "like the human drama" of election day must live in mid to upper income areas with plenty of polling stations and machines that work! I can tell you that in many parts of the south that is not the case in many minority precincts. Come to think of it scratch the word "south" from that last line, add in OH and some other "norther" states.

One thing I do like about CO, I guess it's statewide, but in my county at least anyone can vote at any voting station. And there are plenty of them. Both parties have estimated that at least 1/2 of the voters will cast their ballots (mail or early) prior to "E" day.

golfgod

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I Those of you who "like the human drama" of election day must live in mid to upper income areas with plenty of polling stations and machines that work! "norther" states.
BS!! the reason so many areas have problems with not enough machines is because they have people who are not able to do the job they got elected to do. That is not anyone's fault except the idiots who elect them. Then, you can add the fact that poorer areas of the country have less money to spend on the machines and such. Maybe if the people in those areas would get off their butts and get a job and work they could then afford some more machines. Just a thought. I am just sayin.....

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
No and that is amazing since people would have known people when they registered probably. Pretty dumb government officials to not have picked up more people registered then lived there. Notice readers the poster never said it happened only asked if you heard and with a resounding NOOOOOO was the reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections