Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you voted?
Yes 59 55.14%
No 48 44.86%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM

573 posts, read 801,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosati View Post
I voted on Monday here in Las Vegas, NV. No line. No waiting. In and out in a matter of minutes. We received a sample blank ballot in the mail which we could fill in and take to polls with us. That helped things move along very quickly.
Same here. Voting early in Las Vegas is simple and quick - touchscreen with paper trail.

I notice that only two states west of the Mississippi River don't have early voting and one of those (Oregon) has mail-in ballots.

http://www.votolatino.org/images/usa.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:59 PM

532 posts, read 859,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
I voted last week. I find it odd that so many people haven't voted yet and instead wait for election day to disrupt work, stand in lines, etc. If you haven't voted yet, why not? Is it not available in your state/county?
I don't like to vote early because there is still so much to hear and learn about the candidates, and where they stand on the issues. If new, important info comes out, that might change my vote, it would be too late to change my vote. I guess I'm just not too persuaded yet for any candidate. Not a great group to choose from this time. It's hard to pick the lesser of the 2 evils.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Turned in my mail in ballot already, and very happily voted for McCain.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:51 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
I voted last week. I find it odd that so many people haven't voted yet and instead wait for election day to disrupt work, stand in lines, etc. If you haven't voted yet, why not? Is it not available in your state/county?

I voted and brought my daughter for her first vote.

We went on the first day of early voting.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
I went earlier in the morning around 10 AM, and it was still decently packed. I was also the sole young person in that entire line. Lot's of old folks.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 AM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,329 times
Yes I voted yesterday. We have mail in or drop off locations for voting here in Oregon. I like it better than going to the polls and waiting in line.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
Yes I voted yesterday. We have mail in or drop off locations for voting here in Oregon. I like it better than going to the polls and waiting in line.
Did you mail it or drop it off? I've always been nervous about mailing a vote, but I guess that's silly. I mail plenty of other important things. Still... given the option I think I'd drive over to the drop off site.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 AM

532 posts, read 908,756 times
I'm in a no early voting state (MA).
But I think I'd vote on election day anyway. It feels more like being a part of the process to go out to the polls on election day. I plan to take off work and go wave some Obama signs somewhere

Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I'm in a no early voting state (MA).
But I think I'd vote on election day anyway. It feels more like being a part of the process to go out to the polls on election day. I plan to take off work and go wave some Obama signs somewhere
Glad to hear it! I may just leave the news on all day November 4th, I think there's going to be a lot of stories showing people with signs, etc. It's really nice to have an exciting election again.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
I will be voting on Nov 4th. Our state does not offer early voting but even if it did I would not because ANYTHING can happen and I would not want to be locked into a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections