U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:06 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,925,958 times

Advertisements

He got into a Constitutional debate on the powers of the Vice President. Unfortunately he watched TV last night instead of reading his homework.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 PM

3,256 posts, read 3,273,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
He got into a Constitutional debate on the powers of the Vice President. Unfortunately he watched TV last night instead of reading his homework.

golfgod
I can't rep ya, but hahahaahahahahahaahahahahah!

On a more serious note, I was called to the principal's office when my son was in 7th grade because his teacher was annoyed at his insubordination. So I said, what did he do? Well he corrected me when I said the native American people's of the NA continent were the oldest known civilization, and he has a habit of correcting me in front of the other students. I told my son to apologize for embarrassing the teacher, but I also turned to the principal and asked that my son be put in a class with a history teacher that actually knew history. We had seen three projects prior where her history was incorrect, and we had to call and his grades changed. Adults can do grave damage to impressionable minds.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM

janeannwho wrote;
Quote:
I was called to the principal's office when my son was in 7th grade because his teacher was annoyed at his insubordination
Ummm, sounds an awful lot like golfgod between 7th and 12 grade. It got so bad my mom almost had her own desk! My dad yelled at me and said "your problem is that you think you know more than the teacher". I told him that the problem was that often I did.

Almost every one of my teachers in high school had the same nickname for me, "minimum effort *****". My last name not shown to protect the guilty. I was about 605th out of 612 in high school, but my college and grad school (2 masters degrees) were *** laude and above. I put the asterisks in to keep the system from doing it or getting yelled at by a mod.

I thought the answer today to your son's behavior was to drug the poor kid. Don't ever let them do that.

golfgod

Old 10-22-2008, 04:31 PM

he is a history major today! he speaks three languages and has visited 21 countries and he is 22. We decided that anytime he could travel he did, so his grades were ok even though he was hardly ever in school his last two years. They threatened to call him a truant at one point until they saw he had all A's except for participation in class and had taken more than 10 days off. We figured out that you went to the school board and they would approve all his educational trips. He visited schools in 8 countries and has contacts all over the world. I was trying to convince him to run for VP on the Rep ticket!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,926,483 times
Janeann, tell him to be a democrat please.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Janeann, tell him to be a democrat please.
You would not want him to run, he has aspirations to rule the world!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 PM

Ha, too overqualified to be a VP for the Rs. I mean he has had his passport stamped, right?

golfgod

Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 PM

50,335 posts, read 47,711,417 times
the issue in schools is usually disrespect not right or wrong.
since woodstock people think respect is nonsense, of course what will our kids think?
i noticed that you said grandkids. 31% of seniors are raising a grandkid.
think respect is a factor, naw. no way.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM

973 posts, read 855,040 times
Quote:

golfgod
hahah good one. is she dumb or does she want to be Cheney?

Either way.. we can do without bush or cheney in female form...

Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 AM

631 posts, read 307,552 times
Quote:

golfgod
lol thats just awsome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections