Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you move?
If McCain is elected I am out of here 3 9.09%
If Obama is elected I am out of here 3 9.09%
I say I will move if McCain is elected but I won't 17 51.52%
I say I will move if Obama is elected but I won't 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:46 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,690,366 times

Advertisements

[quote=Xotik;5812725]That isn't true. If you have a spouse with dual citizenship like I do you can leave! [quote]

Nope, I aint got one of those And I'm not rich, guess I'll be staying put... Frankly, I think we're screwed seven ways from Sunday whichever one of these idiots wins...Hmmmm, Maybe I can stow away on a frieghter headed out of Miami......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 PM

532 posts, read 856,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Many say they will but I am just trying to get an idea of how many will move out of the country if their candidate is not elected.
No one will move out of the Country--no matter who is elected. We will go on with our lives. hopeing for the best. I, for one, am not too optomistic about either candidate, but I hope I am wrong, and that whoever is elected does a great job.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 PM

972 posts, read 1,326,458 times
no..Im stuck here my child has autism which means we wouldn't be accepted anywhere. dont think I didnt think about moving these past 8 years. I dont think the USA is safe. If McCain wins..mr war-monger.. we will be even less safe. Funny how the repubs took the SURPLUS Clinton left them and drained it now china basically owns our you know what for this Illegal War in Iraq. But these republican keep saying their way works, and trickle down works.. proven NOT to. Look at our economy!! working people here are DIEING and losing their houses because the crooked insurance companys wont cover things they should. please people I beg you, make the right choice and vote for Obama --Someone that sees more for us all than war.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,775,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
no..Im stuck here my child has autism which means we wouldn't be accepted anywhere..
That says a lot about here and not very much about the rest of the world.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:47 AM

972 posts, read 1,326,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That says a lot about here and not very much about the rest of the world.
I do not think it's easy for people who kids with disability to come here either from another country. it's considered a drain on the system.

Almost every industrialized nation including us have disability laws protecting such judgments except for when it come to immigration.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,421,151 times
I would never move out of the US no matter who is elected because no matter who is leading, it IS the best country in the world.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:14 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times
Quote:
Many say they will but I am just trying to get an idea of how many will move out of the country if their candidate is not elected.
If you want others to see how people vote on this forum...be a man and vote your self first!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
People say that every election...Alec Baldwin said it about George W...and he's still here with his smarmy smile...heck, I would have rented the Uhaul for him to leave, regardless of his affiliation.
Yeah, I can't stand Alec Baldwin, either.

Back to the op post...the answer is never to give up on this great country and leave. The answer is to stay and keep fighting to make it great.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,545,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If you want others to see how people vote on this forum...be a man and vote your self first!
The way I vote has no bearing on anyone else and in no way determines whether I am a man or not.

I also intentionally left 2 choices out which would be, I will vote for "X" but would not think or talk about moving.

I did not want this to turn into a typical Obama/McCain thread which thankfully it hasn't for the most part and I felt if I had all those choices up it might.

By the way our post was useless and off topic.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,330,273 times
Quote:

Screw moving I'm going to be sheltering every bit of income I have.....screw the rich people I want mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they say it won't promote good values....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections