Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Construction, with 7.7 million wage and salary jobs and 1.9 million self-employed and unpaid family workers in 2006, was one of the Nation’s largest industries. Construction also maintains the most consistent job growth. About 64 percent of wage and salary jobs in construction were in the specialty trades, primarily plumbing, heating, and air conditioning; electrical; and masonry. Around 24 percent of jobs were mostly in residential and nonresidential construction. The rest were in heavy and civil engineering construction (table 1).

Construction

Ok, we get it already. But, you forgot about Jesus being a carpenter. Have we covered it all? You are great. None of us would have roofs over our heads without you. There. Now your wounded ego is all shorn up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 04:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Ok, we get it already. But, you forgot about Jesus being a carpenter. Have we covered it all? You are great. None of us would have roofs over our heads without you. There. Now your wounded ego is all shorn up.
No one said we were great. We are your avergae American. You are attacking your neighbor. It just so also happens to be you are attacking the people that shelter American and provide you your creature comforts. Excuse me if I get a little irked.

At least this shows very clearly to everyone who the real "elitist" group is.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
Quote:
No one said we were great. We are your avergae American. You are attacking your neighbor. It just so also happens to be you are attacking the people that shelter American and provide you your creature comforts. Excuse me if I get a little irked.
Excused. Now go find me that "I'm Joe the Plumber" ad, will ya?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 PM

And when you guys get done bashing Joe *he fits my agenda* plumber and the election is over. When you have to call that HVAC, Carpenter, Plumber...etc guy/gal and he tells you it's $135 bucks just to show up maybe you can find your way to the house forums and save yourself some money. I hear there are some smart guys in there that somehow managed to fall into the dumb section of America.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
"As for "Joe the plumbers" situation,I have no clue because it is such a non issue I've paid little attention to it and what tiny bit I have paid attention to leaves me with the impression that he worked for some scab outfit for awhile,popped off in front of the cameras about some idiotic plan (why buy your bosses biz,start your own cheaper and cut his throat on bids to get going."

And yet you still continue to post.
Once again,I don't see your point...Maybe if I had my head up my a## like you do, I'd be able to understand you better.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:17 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,368 times
You are all acting like a bunch of school bullies. What did Joe ever do personally to any of you that made you lash out and attack him?

Obama came to his neighborhood, Joe asked him a question. Now I know that Obama isn't used to the "hard" questions. And I know that Obama is upset with himself for slipping and divulging that he really wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who haven't.

For some reason you all get off on attacking and bashing a guy who never did anything to you. He was living his life with his son, throwing a football and working as a plumber.

I don't care whether he had a license or not. Do you have any idea how many people are out there in jobs that maybe they should have a license for but don't?

Please. You don't have to like McCain, or Bush, or me, or any Republican on the face of this earth, but argue about a real topic with real substance and leave this guy alone.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
McCain has made him an icon of his campaign, that's why he's in the news. I don't know too many (none actually) nurses who are practicing nursing w/o a license. You have to show it before you can get on the payroll in most places of employment.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
McCain has made him an icon of his campaign, that's why he's in the news. I don't know too many (none actually) nurses who are practicing nursing w/o a license. You have to show it before you can get on the payroll in most places of employment.
The difference is the field. Human health requires everyone have a license to work on someone as it should because there are so many easy ways you could kill someone on accident. Housing industry has license for the people in charge. It doesn't require them in apprenticeships for the most part and isn't required until you work on your own. Some local codes may vary or be more strict. Construction trades are a very huge section of the industry.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Couldn't faulty construction kill somebody?

Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Couldn't faulty construction kill somebody?
It's inspected every single step. Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Construction, Insulation.....etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections