U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,194,623 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering and the news is talking. Will it hurt him I don't think so. But how will McCain use this time with Obama isn't there. Of course Obama team is still going to be there but will it matter or what do you think. Remember McCain is on a sinking ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM

9,569 posts, read 27,060,489 times
McCain will take Palin on a two day shopping spree (http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20081022/cm_thenation/45374662 - broken link).

If you are going to lose you might as well look good doing it!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,794,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Remember McCain is on a sinking ship.

That makes two sinking ships he's been on. The Titanic was the first.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,614,540 times
What should he do? Stop campaigning? Oh, how convenient that would be, right?

If Obama's grandma is so gravely ill, why is he waiting til Friday to go see her? I would've expected him to dash right off and see her. I know if my grammy was "gravely" ill, that's the first thing I would have done.

What about the Mrs and the kiddies?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM

2,766 posts, read 6,513,240 times
He'll do what he's done the last several days. What's the point?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Well shall I share. I believe after hearing about this is that she broke something. I then guess she has got worse. having been through this myself with loved ones who were older they go down hill. It doesn't mean she is on her death bed but she may not get well again. So he wants to see her. Michelle will stay on the trail. He didn't get to say good bye to his Mother before she died and he wants to make sure that doesn't happen to his Grandma who I'm sure shares this with him. I believe that she hasn't been well for almost a year because I heard the media hasn't been able to talk with her.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,645,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What should he do? Stop campaigning? Oh, how convenient that would be, right?

If Obama's grandma is so gravely ill, why is he waiting til Friday to go see her? I would've expected him to dash right off and see her. I know if my grammy was "gravely" ill, that's the first thing I would have done.

What about the Mrs and the kiddies?
exactly, he is just taking a suitcase full of cash to buy a birth certificate.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,614,540 times
Quote:
He'll do what he's done the last several days. What's the point?
You must pay close attention to the media and the narrative they will try to make stick.

They will say how horrible, dishonorable it would be for McCain to attack/criticize Obama while he is away tending to his sick grammy. Such dirty politics that Mac will imploy such tactics when Obama is not able to defend himself tending to his sick grammy (even though he's waited 5 days to go see her).

They'll take their polls that will show the electorate disgusted that Mac continues to attack Obama while he is away tending to his sick grammy (even though he waited five days to see her).

Mark my words - "gird your loins", as that great gaffemeister himself would say.

Anybody want to wager I'm wrong?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,976 times
He'll continue to have senior moment after senior moment......oh, and continue to spew BS to his fellow prisoners...

Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM

Anybody care. Bye Bye McCain. I was just asking what he may do since there is a new talking point everyday. What will it be tomorrow, that Obama didn't really go visit his Grandma he went home to the home ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or