U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,483,663 times
Default Obama to Give Tax Breaks to Welfare Recipients

NOT

Obama Defends Tax Policy, Says McCain Offers Welfare to Corporations ォ FOX Embeds ォ FOXNews.com

的知 not giving tax cuts to folks who don稚 work, I知 giving tax cuts to people who do work, Obama said of his tax cut proposals in response to McCain痴 claim that Obama痴 plan is tantamount to welfare.

笛ohn McCain is so out of touch with the struggles you are facing that he must be the first politician in history to call a tax cut for working people "welfare." Let me tell you the only welfare in this campaign is John McCain痴 plan to give another $200 billion in tax cuts to the wealthiest corporations in America including $4 billion in tax breaks to big oil companies that ran up record profits under George Bush, the Democrat countered.

Do not believe the lies that Obama will be sending checks to people that do not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 AM

8,031 posts, read 6,391,769 times
What he says is technically true, because you can't get a TAX break if you don't pay any taxes. But they WILL get a check, a "refund" of taxes that OTHER people paid to people who paid none.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,637,962 times
Well he will be sending tax checks to people who already pay no federal income tax. Why the hell does someone who pays no federal income tax deserve a federal income tax "rebate"? They don't. People who work and don't pay a dime in federal income tax already get income tax "rebates" like the earned income credit. Obama wants to give them more $$ from those of us who do pay federal income tax.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,483,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What he says is technically true, because you can't get a TAX break if you don't pay any taxes. But they WILL get a check, a "refund" of taxes that OTHER people paid to people who paid none.
Do you have a reputable source for this claim? I am so tired of people talking out of their you know what's and making accusations without backing them up.

Is that like the rebate checks that BUSH, a REPUBLICAN, sent out to Americans this past year? Oh..

Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 PM

10,367 posts, read 8,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Do you have a reputable source for this claim? I am so tired of people talking out of their you know what's and making accusations without backing them up.

Is that like the rebate checks that BUSH, a REPUBLICAN, sent out to Americans this past year? Oh..
unfortunately, bush's original offer was $800 per tax paying individual. this was whittled down to the $600 that we ultimately received due to the intense lobbying by pelosi, reid and the treasury sect'y paulson. bush's heart was in the right place. bush was persuaded to pass out checks to many who paid no income taxes such as senior citizens, welfare recipients, all of which decreased the taxpayers' amounts by $200. the argument was that the stimulus needed to be passed to those who would spend the $$, not pocket it. i personally don't like obama's position on this, but i'm not voting on just one issue alone. if you look at mccain, he is just as bad with his doubling of child exemption giveaway. each has his gimmick to get those demographics to vote for him. george w bush was actually the worst that i ever saw in my lifetime.
obama mentions that the poor pay no income taxes, but pay plenty in payroll taxes. big f*ing deal. eventually, those taxes will be given back to them in the form of social security and medicare (if we are lucky), which we are all FORCED to pay. why shouldn't they have to pay it too if they are to receive the benefit? sales taxes: again, we all must pay for what we consume.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 AM

12,542 posts, read 11,243,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
That is right and people should be blazing mad about it too!

Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 AM

8,740 posts, read 12,341,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That is right and people should be blazing mad about it too!
Yeah. I am pissed off. I am definitely voting for Obama now. Take care.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM

2,245 posts, read 3,062,285 times
Quote:

No, get your facts straight. That was sent to people who actually made money and paid taxes, jesus. I didn't get a $600 check back because I didn't pay federal income taxes last year, I had net losses on investments.

Obama wants to send money to 95% of Americans as a "tax credit" when 38% of Americans DO NOT PAY TAXES! So that amounts to stealing from the wealthy to pay the poor, and that's not only unAmerican it's absolute robbery.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:10 AM

11,494 posts, read 10,039,623 times
Quote:
NOT

Obama Defends Tax Policy, Says McCain Offers Welfare to Corporations ォ FOX Embeds ォ FOXNews.com

的知 not giving tax cuts to folks who don稚 work, I知 giving tax cuts to people who do work, Obama said of his tax cut proposals in response to McCain痴 claim that Obama痴 plan is tantamount to welfare.

笛ohn McCain is so out of touch with the struggles you are facing that he must be the first politician in history to call a tax cut for working people "welfare." Let me tell you the only welfare in this campaign is John McCain痴 plan to give another $200 billion in tax cuts to the wealthiest corporations in America including $4 billion in tax breaks to big oil companies that ran up record profits under George Bush, the Democrat countered.

Do not believe the lies that Obama will be sending checks to people that do not work.
I bet that under Obama, more people get off welfare due to more innovative approaches Obama incorporates than at any point in history.

Republicans have no solutions for these kinds of problems because their minds are as nimble as a slab of stone.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:13 AM

12,542 posts, read 11,243,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No, get your facts straight. That was sent to people who actually made money and paid taxes, jesus. I didn't get a $600 check back because I didn't pay federal income taxes last year, I had net losses on investments.

Obama wants to send money to 95% of Americans as a "tax credit" when 38% of Americans DO NOT PAY TAXES! So that amounts to stealing from the wealthy to pay the poor, and that's not only unAmerican it's absolute robbery.
Yes to the tune of 60 million people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections