Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, rest assured, that if Obama is elected, those of us who see him for what he is will NOT be "handing in our freedoms." We will be exposing him, Pelosi, and Reid as they TRY to force their vision of an all-controlling federal government on states and individuals and take away our rights.
No you can't, you already handed them over to Bush.

And until you demand them back, take the flag pin off your lapel and remain silent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
We've just been told over and over by the Obama campaign that if you're white, you HAVE to vote for Obama to prove you're not a racist; that if you live in the country, unless you vote for Obama, you're a redneck; that if you're poor, you have to vote for Obama or else you're stupid AND poor; that if you have traditional moral values, you're a "hater," unless you vote for Obama to prove you're not; if you're a woman, you only have a right to dignity if you work for Obama -- if you don't, or you don't "do enough," Obama and his minions will trash you.
I'd love to see you provide a link to anything that shows Obama or anyone in his campaign actually saying those things ... not something that you are interpreting a certain way, but something that clearly states, for example, that whites have to vote for Obama to prove they're not racists. If in fact we've been told such things "over and over", I'm sure you'll be able to provide a link.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Liberals have been systematically destroying everything America stands for.
Being an American, means you can be a Liberal if you so CHOOSE.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:55 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,510 times
This American is....

...not particularly religious but understands and respects those who are (and those who aren't), straight, from a military family that was stationed around the country and world, but raised mostly in a small beachside Florida town and moving to a big city in the Midwest, fiscally conservative, unmarried with no children, pro-choice, pro-gay-rights, pro-gun-rights, pro-death-penalty, pro-legal immigration but very anti-illegal immigration, not afraid of Muslims (or any specific religion), very afraid of religious extremists (of any religion), shops everywhere except Walmart, state university educated with two degrees in software engineering, believes in state government for nearly all non-defense issues and a small national government, thinks the country is too politically correct to avoid fixing actual issues. Loves America, but doesn't feel we should police the world. Doesn't love all of its policies, but after traveling the world, knows there's no where else to live a better life.

I could go on.. but that's enough for now.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I don't know if his campaign has ever said such things, but a lot of his supporters on this forum have said this over and over. Anyone else tired of

Democrat: If you vote for Obama, you're racist.
Republican: If you're black and you vote for Obama, you're racist.

*snore*

Old 10-23-2008, 11:01 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
And it means that if you want the best for you family, your neighbors and your country that you will gladly WORK toward that noble end. This is, I think what separates the two parties, and why I could never vote for a Democrat.
So, you don't work? All the Democrats I know have jobs, many of them have yearly salaries that are more than was spent on Palin's campaign wardrobe. People that I come into contact with on a daily basis (because of the type of WORK I do) who are on welfare, medical assistance, live in public housing, have 3-4 kids with 3-4 different men/women, smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, drive newer vehicles than I do, are mainly of the caucasian persuasion and are voting for McCain and Palin. I don't ask them why but I think it's because they're afraid they'll lose their 'rights' if Obama is elected.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Here's someone talking about America:

Quote:
There are no 'real' parts of the country and 'fake' parts of the country. There are no 'pro-America' parts of the country and 'anti-America' parts of the country. We all love this country, no matter where we live, or where we come from - black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native America, young, old, rich, poor, gay, straight, city dwellers, farm dwellers, it doesn't matter, we're all together.

...The men and women from Virginia and all across this country who served on our battlefields, some are Democrats, some are Republicans, some are Independents. But they fought together and bled together. Some died together under the same proud flag. They have not served a red America, they haven't served a blue America, they served the United States of America. Nobody should forget that.
Barack Obama, Richmond, VA, Oct. 22, 2008 (http://www.raisingkaine.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=16815 - broken link)

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
So, you don't work? All the Democrats I know have jobs, many of them have yearly salaries that are more than was spent on Palin's campaign wardrobe. People that I come into contact with on a daily basis (because of the type of WORK I do) who are on welfare, medical assistance, live in public housing, have 3-4 kids with 3-4 different men/women, smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, drive newer vehicles than I do, are mainly of the caucasian persuasion and are voting for McCain and Palin. I don't ask them why but I think it's because they're afraid they'll lose their 'rights' if Obama is elected.
Good Lord you are so full of it it's almost funny.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM

532 posts, read 908,756 times
The most patriotic thing you can do is question your government and try to make things better. Blind faith isn't patriotism. Our leaders have been destroying our country for the last 8 years. Time to take it back.

Obama '08

Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
believes in always giving to charity but does not believe in using it as a tax write-off
I completely agree with this, and for some reason, I can't recall ever talking to anyone else who felt the same way. I've met plenty of people who like to announce it when they give to charities, though, and I find that inappropriate, too.

Anyway, I guess that was OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections