Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Isn't it ironic that John McCain, the self described maverick and the anti-Bush in the Republican Party (if there ever was one) is now going to take a bullet for George W.Bush? McCain is being set up on the altar as sacrificial lamb to pay for the sins of Bush. Yes indeed, he will be slaughtered on election day in the stead of a man he once opposed. It's a tragedy (or comedy?) of Shakesperean proportions.
I agree....I have long thought that the pick of McCain and the Airhead Palin was the Republicans getting rid of their trash with plans to come back in 2012 with a viable, intelligent candidate....hoping that most of the Bush disaster would be forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Or that allowing the Dems to take over this mess that they know can't be fixed in 2 years will allow a republican majority congress to be elected. Just think, if there's an attack like Biden predicted and if the economy isn't magically fixed and if the housing market stays down and people don't get all the freebies that are being promised they are going to be real pissed in 2 years.
What do y'all think the odds of this happening are? I'd say pretty darn good.
So what do they do? They put up a canidate they know will run a semi close race but will eventually lose only to let Obama look horrible for the first couple of years.
Besides the republican crooks have had their head in the trough for the last 8 it's now time for the Dems to get their head in now...

Old 10-24-2008, 09:31 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Supporting Bush 90% of the time, he is no fall guy, he earned it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Lovers quarrel? C'mon you two, do you really wanna throw it all away after 8 years? Dont forget all the good times you two had.
Great post...I can hear "The Way We Were" playing in the background.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
That McCain would turn around say that Obama would be 8 more years of Bush like policies is freakin hilarious!

McCain has truly lost his mind.

Are people voting for McCain that stupid to believe what McCain is saying???
Yes, that stupid.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The conservative newspaper, the Washington Times, interviewed John McCain yesterday. Here's what McCain had to say about President Bush:

Washington Times - EXCLUSIVE: McCain lambastes Bush years

McCain Lambastes Bush Years
'We just let things get completely out of hand'

Thursday, October 23, 2008

NEWSMAKER INTERVIEW:

ABOARD THE STRAIGHT TALK AIR — Sen. John McCain on Wednesday blasted President Bush for building a mountain of debt for future generations, failing to pay for expanding Medicare and abusing executive powers, leveling his strongest criticism to date of an administration whose unpopularity may be dragging the Republican Party to the brink of a massive electoral defeat.

"We just let things get completely out of hand," he said of his own party's rule in the past eight years.
Phrased differently this should be the headline in all news media today regarding the McCain campaign. He needed to say it in a more widely distributed forum.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
This is really interesting.
I hadn't looked at the election with this focus.
I'd like to see some more comments.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I agree....I have long thought that the pick of McCain and the Airhead Palin was the Republicans getting rid of their trash with plans to come back in 2012 with a viable, intelligent candidate....hoping that most of the Bush disaster would be forgotten.
Good analogy, maybe you're right. I suspect in 2012 the republicans will blame all of the problems on the democratic president of the past four years since this year, it was all blamed on democratic congress. Does that sound accurate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections