Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
You know, I've never cared much for brussels sprouts. But since June I just cannot eat enough of them.

Are any other Obama supporters feeling that same compulsion?
Now that you mention it, I had brussells sprouts just the other day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
Oh my God I'm still laughing. It rememded me and I;m not a grear fan of Horrors but the Halloween thing with Michael Meyers. Remember I think it was the second or third one where they had those masks and then the kids watched the TV and the commercial did something to the kids. I hope I have the right show , this reminds me of that. Funny. I went to a Obama rally. It was a few weeks ago it was 80 out and we stood in line for hoyrs then stood waiting for him and I had 4 kids with me. I can tell you in all honestly. I was a lot of things and I loved seeing him but wasn't in a spell.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
I am glad I have brought joy to your lives with this thread!
But the fact of the matter is that NLP and hypnosis techniques have been used by professionals for years. It is not merely fiction it is a real technique used. And it is frightening that anyone would use such a thing on people without their knowledge or consent.
there are many of you that proably would have laughed at the Wright brothers for their flying machine concept too but that does not mean that they did not have the knowledge to build it as we have experienced.
There are many medical techniques used that the laymen does not understand but that does not mean they are useless or do not work. the mind is a meticulously run organ in the body and most people could not even tell you how it begins to work or the thought process correlation it has with the rest of the body.
The sub conscious and how it works in the frame context to our thought process and on which is retained and which is not. The key words used to trigger those thoughts.
So yuck it up...
I find it appalling that this is being used on unsuspecting people and for self gain makes it even worse.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I just saw Elvis in a spaceship!
That wasn't Elvis in the spaceship,it was Unknown Hinson!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Obama is a very accomplished public speaker. I think the techniques are called oratory skills and are many millennia old. Hypnosis has nothing to do with being a great speaker.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 AM

Mother's join in. I have 4 kids still at home three are under 6 . I watch Obama at the same time they are screaming in my ear. here isn't any spell that could do anything to me that would break through three kids fighting and screaming in my ear. Sorry this is too odd. I don't think flying a plane is the same thing. Next Wedm when he is on I will try and not look or does hearing count too.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I am glad I have brought joy to your lives with this thread!
But the fact of the matter is that NLP and hypnosis techniques have been used by professionals for years.
No, you have it all wrong. It's not an 'earthly' technique. Obama brought it with him from his home planet when he came down to the United States in his space machine. His goal of course was to run for the POTUS.

People are going about this investigation about where he was born all wrong. They need to go back further. Now that the records about the Roswell UFO's have been declassified, a careful search will uncover that Obama is actually an alien from outer space. His planets name is too long to post and absolutely unpronounceable. He was released from a metal (of unknown origins) pod. He escaped from the scientists when he fooled them into believing he was harmless. He did not resurface until his Senate run.

All the information about him before that time is fabricated. His alien hypnosis techniques carry further ramifications than you or I can even deign to imagine!! Michelle and his daughters are human but like the rest of us, are hopelessly under his hypnotic spell!!

Who can we turn to? Oh, please, somebody help us!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,308 times
Seriously?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM

I love this post it is so stupid it is funny

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Did you all catch how at the bottom of each page this line was repeated---

EXPOSING OBAMA’S DECEPTION MAY BE THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT DEMOCRACY

So that if you scanned the entire article, it kept on coming up, over and over and over, kind of like a subliminal suggestion.

I particularly liked that the author, after 67 pages, doesn't sign a name.

And the remark about how younger people or more intelligent people are more susceptible to hypnotic suggestion? So, does that mean that the people who haven't succumbed are, um, less intelligent?

To the people who really believe this article, these are the same techniques used in everyday advertising. People who are running campaigns ARE selling a product. Both of the campaigns use standard advertising techniques. Seen the commercial with different people repeating "I am Joe the Plumber"?? Suggestive advertising, get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections