Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:09 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

That Obama was born in this country and can actually be serve as president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 07:14 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,442 times
My favor OBAMA LIE is when they say the OBAMA SUPPORTERS are intelligent, respectable, fair minded, loyal American with no trace of vitriol at all.

Yep that's my favorite Obama lie. (Amongst the many.)

Old 10-25-2008, 07:21 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Mine is when they say McCain was a hero for being a POW.
You must be a little child who has no idea what John McCain went through for 5 1/2 years. You do not have to vote for him little one but you should have some respect for him. Whats makes you say something like this!!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
That Obama will only raise taxes on income earners higher than 250,000. Or maybe that isn't a lie, but an accident. There is an extra 0 on that number.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah and there was a surplus in the country from it too, not a $10 trillion deficit.

So if I invite you into my house and promise not to take your money, but beat you over the head and take it anyway and as a result have a $1,000 surplus instead of being $5,000 in debt, I can be a hero too?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Mine is when they say McCain was a hero for being a POW.
Trumped by the fact that a streak of over 68 years was broken with the Obama/Biden ticket having absolutely NO military experience.

At least McCain served and did the best he could and still does today. He just wasn't a very good pilot!

I'm sick of the lie that Democrats are living thinking that this Change is going to elevate the suffering. All it's gonna do if Obama gets elected and is able to execute his plan is to bring the upper and middle class down to the bottom and everybody can suffer equally.

Then by that logic, those at the bottom can then feel better about themselves.

If this is what you want, this is what you're gonna get. If this isn't what you want or think this isn't gonna happen, your life has become a lie.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
What I dont want is more of the same.
I don't like the fact that the top earners do not have to pay the same taxes.
I do not like that 75% of corporations do not pay any taxes while my family suffers.
I don't want CEOs of ruined companies walking away with millions.

My father was a WWII vet. He never spoke of his service,while we knew he had shrapnel in his body that bothered him until he died. At his funeral, a man I never met told me how my dad saved his life and he got that shrapnel from a land mine that exploded. My dad even though badly injured himself pulled this man and another to safety.
That is a war hero.
Although I very much respect McCains service to this country,I do not fool myself into thinking he was a hero.
I am an Obama supporter and I think I am very respectable,reasonably intelligent and I am very patriotic.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:46 AM

Sindey, maybe you should read a little background info on McCain's time in that POW camp. He had the option to leave once the Vietnamese found out who he was, yet he chose not to leave until all of the men with him were allowed to leave. Call it what you want but that is a hero.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
What I dont want is more of the same.
I don't like the fact that the top earners do not have to pay the same taxes.
I do not like that 75% of corporations do not pay any taxes while my family suffers.
I don't want CEOs of ruined companies walking away with millions.

My father was a WWII vet. He never spoke of his service,while we knew he had shrapnel in his body that bothered him until he died. At his funeral, a man I never met told me how my dad saved his life and he got that shrapnel from a land mine that exploded. My dad even though badly injured himself pulled this man and another to safety.
That is a war hero.
Although I very much respect McCains service to this country,I do not fool myself into thinking he was a hero.
I am an Obama supporter and I think I am very respectable,reasonably intelligent and I am very patriotic.
Did you miss the idea of the OP?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Did you miss the idea of the OP?
No I didn't miss the idea Jim, I just wanted to show that I am open to speaking and sharing opinions,ideas and whatever with republicans so maybe we can stop some of the name calling and start to work together more, thats all. Maybe my mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections