U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 PM

1,551 posts, read 1,755,664 times

Advertisements

Yup, it's a hoax. There sure are some INSANE, RACIST McCain supporters out there...
Sources: McCain backer fabricated attack - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 PM

32,706 posts, read 17,778,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Greg Mitchell: Fox News VP: If McCain Worker 'Mutilation' Story Is a Hoax His Campaign Is 'Over'
Earlier today, John Moody, executive vice president at Fox News, commented on his blog there that "this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election. If Ms. Todd's allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

"If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain's quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting."

It was false and in the words of the Fox VP race the McCain campaign is forever linked to race-baiting.

This whole thing seems like a tempest in a teapot to me.

A desperate attempt by a poorly managed campaign gasping for breath and falling further behind each day as the finish line approaches. This will be buried and forgotten in the post-election euphoria. It serves only as another reminder of the twisted emotional state of the far-right hangers-on.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If that were only true, that would be nice. You are one of the world's worse at trying to stir up propaganda to suit your agenda.

Are you angry, at all?

29,465 posts, read 33,790,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
This whole thing seems like a tempest in a teapot to me.

A desperate attempt by a poorly managed campaign gasping for breath and falling further behind each day as the finish line approaches. This will be buried and forgotten in the post-election euphoria. It serves only as another reminder of the twisted emotional state of the far-right hangers-on.
Are they still hanging on or are some slipping off the edge?

8,758 posts, read 8,651,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
(a) I agree that what did or did not happen has nothing to do with either candidate.

(b) What bothered me so much is the way Fox and others reported the story. Some of the original articles about her attack are very racist and mention the possibility of riots.

(c) I like to think out loud which is why I often post on boards. Sharing ideas is healthy as long as there are no personal attacks.

So, although any logical, reasonable person would tend to agree with you that it shouldn't have any effect on the election, unfortunately it does.

I heard Fox's report and nothing was metioned about riots...period. They were somewhat skeptical when reporting it and even O'reilly said he found the story iffy.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Are they still hanging on or are some slipping off the edge?

Oh, there are definitely some slippers-over-the-edge, to be certain.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:24 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,298,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I heard Fox's report and nothing was metioned about riots...period. They were somewhat skeptical when reporting it and even O'reilly said he found the story iffy.
I'll see if I can find a video. There is Fox News and also Fox Local News.

Edit: Well, I can't find anything on YouTube, but I'm sure I saw something on the news and it was Fox or maybe it was on our local Fox4 station. (Lee & Collier Counties are very Republican.)

Last edited by justNancy; 10-24-2008 at 02:38 PM..

34,990 posts, read 33,929,860 times
Did she carve that "B" backwards in the mirror, or are these photos reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Are you angry, at all?

Not at all, just tired of the two faced bs that goes on here. When this story was possibly true, Obama supporters were saying, so what does that have to do with Obama and now that is is not, it's a big deal for McCain. You can't have it both ways.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did she carve that "B" backwards in the mirror, or are these photos reversed?!

I think it is backward. When I saw it I thought to myself, what a dummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or