U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,947,793 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Encylopedia Brown could have figured this one out. Somehow, I think this chick is gonna end up on a reality show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM

21,044 posts, read 18,997,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
So much that doesn't add up. She says she is a McCain worker in Bryan College Station where The Eagle, after 50 years of Republican endorsement, goes in the tank for Obama.

The Eagle, in their endorsement article, makes this ignorant statement:

Even if we don't have a clue to where Obama is taking the country we endorse him. What blatant ignorance!

Bryan College has become nuts all the way around. I would wonder if the girl is really a McCain worker after all of this.

""""I would wonder if the girl is really a McCain worker after all of this."""

Stretching desperation to it's limits.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,220,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
McCain and Palin sure did rush to talk to the woman and let it be known that they had without any verification of the story.
Yes, and Fox never used the word alleged.

[youtube]4auqSCo3W4I[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4auqSCo3W4I"]YouTube - McCain volunteer Ashley Todd attacked & a B etched in her face - fact or fake ?[/URL]

Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No thanks.

I'd take a shot of Maker's Mark if it was offered, though.
Wooohoooooo me too!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:01 PM

3,491 posts, read 7,731,674 times
race baiting indeed.......All you have to do is have an innocent young white virgin female attacked by a vicious black male and all the racists come out. The story turned out to be a flat lie and even though John McCain had nothing to do with this, its still going to hurt on the McCain campaign.

Alot of innocent black men were hung back in the day because white women made up tales about "colored" men attacking them or just whistling at them. Remember the Emmit Till Story. The sight of that disfigured black boy in the open casket funeral still gives me nightmares.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,299,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, and Fox never used the word alleged.
Unbelievable.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM

7,159 posts, read 15,857,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Hey, I was in Austin all last week - you've got a beautiful city there! And lots of Obama signs/stickers!

I saw a picture of this girl who claimed she was attacked. My guess is she has a mental disorder. The "B" was backwards, obviouse she did it to herself in a mirror!
Trust me, here in Austin we give College Station and the Aggies as much misery as we can.. but often they just bring it on themselves.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:16 PM

29,458 posts, read 33,665,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""I would wonder if the girl is really a McCain worker after all of this."""

Stretching desperation to it's limits.
Remember everything negative that happens to McCain world is the fault of Obama.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM

13,710 posts, read 25,273,604 times
I heard she's actually a Blinn student, although with this story and the way it was reported I don't really know what to think about it.

At the very least she must've gotten this idea from an Aggie friend of hers.

And...naw, she's not really a McCain worker, she just got to speak directly to McCain and Palin after she went public with this...whatever.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM

29,458 posts, read 33,665,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
race baiting indeed.......All you have to do is have an innocent young white virgin female attacked by a vicious black male and all the racists come out. The story turned out to be a flat lie and even though John McCain had nothing to do with this, its still going to hurt on the McCain campaign.

Alot of innocent black men were hung back in the day because white women made up tales about "colored" men attacking them or just whistling at them. Remember the Emmit Till Story. The sight of that disfigured black boy in the open casket funeral still gives me nightmares.
She was going to be their poster child just like Willie Horton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or