U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM

690 posts, read 878,792 times

Advertisements

Palin to Testify in Troopergate Investigation

Palin and her husband, Todd, are scheduled to give separate depositions to an investigator on Friday

Palin to Testify in Troopergate Investigation - FOXNews.com Elections

How fast can you say "It's over Johnny!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 01:17 PM

9,833 posts, read 19,427,659 times
The McCain campaign is going down the drain.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM

968 posts, read 1,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The McCain campaign is going down the drain.
I think it's flushed...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:36 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,959,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
I think it's flushed...
Swirling 'round and 'round....(get ready "Mr. Hankey")

Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM

13,072 posts, read 10,732,952 times
Quote:
"She's been looking forward to this day," said Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein. "She would like to tell her story and she'd like people to know the truth."

Whether that will happen remains uncertain. Investigations by the Alaska Personnel Board are normally secret and, though Palin has waived her privacy rights, others in her administration have not and the lead investigator has sought to keep the matter from playing out in the media.
So she waives her privacy rights, some of the others in the investigation refuse and the investigator has been making efforts to keep this quiet as well.

I can understand an investigator doing so as a matter of practice, yet after seeing his method of investigation, It leads me to assume that it may be for other reasons.

Time will tell. Something tells me this will be a big deal until it is resolved and then people will be let down by the details of the issues. By that time, who cares though, it served its purpose right? /boggle

Old 10-24-2008, 03:47 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,656,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Palin and her husband, Todd, are scheduled to give separate depositions to an investigator on Friday
And if she answers those questions the way she answered the ones at her debate, no one will know anything when the deposition is over!

"Well, I'm not going to answer your question about whether I abused power but I do want to talk about Joe the Plumber ..."

Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 PM

37,944 posts, read 17,632,558 times
The Personnel Board members are answerable to the Governor and serve at the Governor's pleasure.....they are highly unlikely to support the findings of the independant bi-partisan legislative review that found she had violated the law and ethics in the manner she executed her constitutional authority by firing the Safety Director.

She wants a white wash of the whole affair. All the CYA defenses offered don't hold up. She and "first dude" harrassed that man to carry out a family vendetta against her ex bother in law. When he wouldnt do it she fired him. I am sure the brother in law was a "beaut" but they all got along until the divorce. This is a low class family, behaving up to their reputation.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 PM

19,935 posts, read 36,738,137 times
Gee, how much material can SNL and Tina Fey handle from one source?

I predict we'll see another rendition of the Miss South Carolina gal the other year.... such as... and so on and... such as...

Old 10-24-2008, 04:03 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,740,609 times
The ABC/Wash Post poll is showing the intensity of negative views on Palin is surprisingly high - at 40%! (ABC News: Daily Tracking Poll: Disfavor With Palin Grows; Economy Keeps Boosting Obama). Apparently, Muthee did not de-witch her well !

At her peak, after the Republican convention, 59 percent of likely voters held an overall favorable opinion of Palin.
Now that's down to 46 percent, while 51 percent see her unfavorably. Majority disfavor is danger for any public figure; so is its intensity -- and an unusually large 40 percent have a "strongly" unfavorable opinion of Palin.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:02 PM

13,072 posts, read 10,732,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The Personnel Board members are answerable to the Governor and serve at the Governor's pleasure.....they are highly unlikely to support the findings of the independant bi-partisan legislative review that found she had violated the law and ethics in the manner she executed her constitutional authority by firing the Safety Director.

She wants a white wash of the whole affair. All the CYA defenses offered don't hold up. She and "first dude" harrassed that man to carry out a family vendetta against her ex bother in law. When he wouldnt do it she fired him. I am sure the brother in law was a "beaut" but they all got along until the divorce. This is a low class family, behaving up to their reputation.
It is assumed to be for family reasons, no evidence validates the claim. It is circumstantial and open to interpretation. Keep in mind that the officer had legitimate accounts of abuse and misconduct. It is due to that reason that her legal authority was found correct and within her duties and only vague calls to "ethical" misconduct can be "assumed" within the claims of the findings.

The entire issue of the claim hangs on the fact that Todd used her office as a means to place the calls to put pressure on the dismissal of him. Even then, we are not privy to all of the details as testimony of the issue is only partly made public, hence my comment and the reference in the article noting that only part of the parties have allowed open access concerning privacy.

To conclude anything at this time would be to place guilt based on half information. Those willing to do so only show their extreme bias in the issue. Palin being vindicated of this completely only serves as to dampen the accusations of those here and abroad.

I will be interested to see this turn out under legal precedents, to see it handled at a level where assumptions and quick conclusions are not admitted. The truth will be found, but in politics, truth is a side note, accusations are what drive opinion and many of the posters here are as objective in this issue as a peasant calling out a witch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or