Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Can you please explain John McCain's business, political and personal relationship with Charles Keating then? Tell us how that bad association is different than those of Obama's that you call bad.
McCain had a MEETING (ok 5 of them to be exact) with Keating over his bank that was failing. When McCain got into the issue, he stopped attending meetings. This is why he was found Not Guilty (whereas the Democrats involved were not). To even compare having a few meetings with a citizen in ones community to life long associates of Obamas is reduculous..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
What is the source of your wild claims? Let me guess - The National Enquirer???
How about newspapers.
Democrats to kill 401(k)s for … privatized Social Security? « Count Us Out
Would Obama, Dems Kill 401(k) Plans? - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)

Old 10-24-2008, 06:11 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
McCain had a MEETING (ok 5 of them to be exact) with Keating over his bank that was failing. When McCain got into the issue, he stopped attending meetings. This is why he was found Not Guilty. To even compare having a few meetings with a citizen in ones community to life long associates of Obamas is reduculous..
A meeting yes and

McCain recieved $112,000 in contributions from Keeting and associates.

Cindy McCain and her father had invested over $350,000 in one of Keeting's businesses

McCain made 9 trips on Keeting's dime often on Keeting's private plane, including 3 to Keeting's luxury resort in the Bahamas which he did not pay for for years, and only paid for them when Keeting got in trouble.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:15 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Thank you pgh No, I don't get my info from National Enquirer, that's your job.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 PM

33 posts, read 57,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
These are the rantings of a lunatic. There is not one shred of evidence you can post that would remotely substantiate your wild opinions.

You will have no money: Obama wants to take my 401K contributions and give them to social security, cutting me a check for 3% of its value. I will also NEVER be able to earn 250,000k without having the living bejesus taxed out of me. He's right, I'll have no money.

No jobs: The small business owners will cut back somewhere to pay their new astronomical taxes, so yes, in many cases there will be no job. And I'd have had to have slammed my head in the door to think that the government will take care of me so that I can live like a wealthy, elitist liberal.

More countries trying to attack us/war/draft: Well, of course. obama isn't going to fight them. He'll have the troops pulled out of Iraq again and he'd not want to look like a hypocrit having to send them back. Maybe he'll talk to them til their heads explode or hug them to death or something, but other than that many countries will know that they can kick our ass now.

Obama really doesn't have much love for this country. I truly believe that and he only has the interest of a few that he cares about.
A.) If you work for a small business you won't make 250k. Your first two points contradict each other. Let's just say you are right and these small businesses are getting taxed an extra 3%. Let's also assume that these small businesses have owners that make say 300,000. This is the owners income so this is after payroll, deductions etc. Now lets say they get taxed 3% more on 100k (first 200/250 don't change). So now the owner winds up paying a WHOPPING 3,000 MORE per YEAR in taxes. Should he fire Joe the Plumber who makes something like 30-40k a year over this?

B.) Obama NEVER stated that he wants to use your 401k for social security. Show a direct link/youtube video/or whatever proof you have for this coming out of Obama's own mouth please.

C.) Have you ever owned a small business, or known many that own small businesses? Do you know that casuality rate for small business is VERY high? Do you know that of those that do survive, the large majority do not make more than 250k (your essentials such as restraunts, dry cleaners, cleaners, mechanics, etc)? Do you check facts? FactCheck.org: McCain's Small-Business Bunk

D.) Are you sure more countries will attack the US as soon as Obama becomes President? Are you inferring that Obama automatically instills hostility towards the USA? Are you a General that we don't know about? I'm going to assume you attended highschool and know that the President of the United States has many advisors on foriegn policy. I heard that Biden guy knows a bit about that sort of stuff.

This down right fear mongering has gotten you so paranoid that I'm just at awe. Other than your "feelings" and your expert knowledge of how things work in the United States because you are 25, please let me know. Your total lack of knowledge of how Small Businesses work and your lack of knowledge on how decisions are made scares me.

Please let me know what University you went to so I do not send my future generation there. I actually wanted to attend University of Texas at Austin before, don't ruin it for me by telling me you attended that University..

Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetx2 View Post
C.) Have you ever owned a small business, or known many that own small businesses? Do you know that casuality rate for small business is VERY high? Do you know that of those that do survive, the large majority do not make more than 250k (your essentials such as restraunts, dry cleaners, cleaners, mechanics, etc)? Do you check facts? FactCheck.org: McCain's Small-Business Bunk
My family is built upon small construction business's. Please do not preach to me about small business owners and what they make. If Obama is elected, with all the companies my family owns, a total of 10 guys will be laid off.

Isn't it a known fact that factcheck favors Obama?? Since he did sit on the board for 4 years and bring in millions for them??

Quote:
D.) Are you sure more countries will attack the US as soon as Obama becomes President? Are you inferring that Obama automatically instills hostility towards the USA? Are you a General that we don't know about? I'm going to assume you attended highschool and know that the President of the United States has many advisors on foriegn policy. I heard that Biden guy knows a bit about that sort of stuff.
Straight from Bidens mouth.

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,345 times

How about we bring a little reality to the situation - these are the ideas of ONE PERSON OUT OF MANY who testified before a congressional committee - conservative bloggers went insane with it and many uninformed people (mostly Republicans) bought it hook-line-and-sinker:

Will Democrats Kill Your 401k? - Bang the Drum

Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
It doesn't matter if he is a democrat, republican, liberal, whatever!! I could care less. I do not post these things because I am "desperate" I post these things because I am scared for OUR country. I post the things I see, hear and learn because Obama is a bad PERSON. I want people to see what kind of PERSON he is. IF( and that's a big if) he was a good PERSON, it wouldn't matter which party he bolnged too, I would consider voting for him. The truth is, he WILL bring change. You will have no money, no jobs, more countries trying to attack us, another war, a draft... It can go on for days. Obama CANNOT and WILL not protect this country. The fact that he is associated with Ayers, Odinga, and Wright brings up no thought to the Obama supporters, and that scares me! You don't associate with bad people. WHY? because they are BAD. You don't hang out with them, attend there church for 20 years, or supports there campaign if they are a BAD person. If someone you know down the street was a registered sex offender, would you defend him? Probably not. It's simple, if you are a GOOD person, you don't associate with a BAD person. COMMON SENSE PEOPLE! They just brush it off like it's nothing.

Everyone ignores his lies and just sweeps anything negative they hear about Obama under the rug. It's ridiculous and sad. I can't belive the America our fore fathers fought for, has turned into this. It's truly a shame and I am embarrassed. Come on people, his own VP doesn't believe he is ready to be president. That is pretty sad if your own VP does not support you.
YouTube - Even Joe Biden does not believe in Barack Obama! ... There have been studies/polls about Obama supporters. The majority of them don't even know what he supports or is about. All they know is he says the word "change" so they are voting for him. I may only be 25 years old but I am not BLIND nor ignorant.
Our country has been pillaged and spat upon by the Bush Crime Family Administration for the ast 8 years and you are freaking out now? Our Constitution has been dragged thru the mud by Cheney's thugs and you want us to believe that anything worse can happen? We so called Liberals will be voting Obama in and are saving you sorry butt and you do not even realize it. Sad.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Yes, we do own our own business. Yes, I know the casualty rate is high. I have several family members throughout a number of years who have owned their own businesses and currently own their own businesses. I'm not a moron on that front.

I'll find a link, don't worry.

The money for that extra 3% has to come from somewhere so I'm sure some businesses will do this. I'm sure not every business, but it will happen.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that there are a few countries who would love to cause us some trouble. Did you bother emailing Biden's headquarters to ask how he knows that Obama will be tested by an international crisis in the first 6 months of his presidency?

I'm no general but I do have family that currently serve in the military and have a long history of serving in it. Yes, I graduated from High School and know the president has advisors but when all of his advisors are all completely Democrat or completely republican, it spells or can spell trouble because the president has virtually no obstacles standing in his way to do whatever he wants...no checks and balances.

The awe and amazement and blind loyalty you have for Obama with no questions about his questionable associations has me awed that you haven't keeled over from drinking so much Kool aid.

Feelings do count, but your assumption that I think I'm an expert on how things work in the United States is right. It's ignorant not to learn these things. I'm 38 and I went to school during a time when passing kids because you had to make them feel good didn't happen. We did learn how government works, we said the pledge, we prayed in school or had moments of silence if we didn't, and we went on field trips to Capital buildings and places of historical importance to the founding of this country. I also lived in a town that at one time was a Capital of Texas before that distinction was given to Austin so I grew up on hearing of the histories of the U.S.

Please, tell me what liberal hotbed indoctrination university you went to and where that big pool of kool aid you're swimming around in is so I can keep my kid away from it. And how old are you? 26? If you're older than I am then I'd think you'd have earned some wisdom from what you've learned in your seasoned lifetime.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:45 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You pretty much summed it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections