Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:27 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times

Advertisements

I have visited my Grandmother plenty of times, (when her health was seemingly failing) without my husband and children, simply because my husband and children are removed from her (emotionally) to have any connection to her (she lives 3000 miles away). She is in her nineties and has always been a huge influence in my life, but not in my children's or husband's lives.

Stop questioning and start praying for her quick recovery!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:27 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The manly woman wants to change those drapes in the WH so badly...
hope you love them this much after they destroy the country,,,,,,
Have you seen those drapes???? You'd change them too.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,682 times
We all handle grief in different ways. Some want to be surrounded by loved ones, other's want time alone with particular loved ones. Personally, I would want time alone with my children, separately. Illness and death are very personal. This could be grandma's wishes for all we know. But for anyone to come on here and even question what is going on is pushing cruelty to the max. It's none of your business. End of story.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Michelle Obama stated recently that she is a wife and a mother first, so when your husband's grandmother is very sick, she isn't supporting him but doing business.

They claim it might be the last time Obama will see his grandmother, why isn't Michelle there and their kids....what kind of family values do these people have?

Most families come together in times when a family member is very sick and pray together, comfort each other....but as we could have expected...Michelle isn't the wife and mother first...she is business first and she is wearing the pants!
maybe muslims do it differently? I don't know.

look on the bright side, maybe now he'll have a chance to actually get a valid copy of his "hawaiian" birth certificate.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM

289 posts, read 362,067 times
Quote:
Michelle Obama stated recently that she is a wife and a mother first, so when your husband's grandmother is very sick, she isn't supporting him but doing business.

They claim it might be the last time Obama will see his grandmother, why isn't Michelle there and their kids....what kind of family values do these people have?

Most families come together in times when a family member is very sick and pray together, comfort each other....but as we could have expected...Michelle isn't the wife and mother first...she is business first and she is wearing the pants!
Wow I betcha you didn't post anything last month when Cindy McCain didn't leave her post when her half sister died. How come you didn't come out with a post about that.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:33 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
The kicker here is, that if the entire family had "abandoned" the campaign, to visit Obama's Grandmother, people would question why they aren't taking the campaign "seriously" enough....

Someone (R) always has something to say...especially if it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the issues at hand!

Way to deflect from the issues!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:

Wow, is this weak post over reaching. Spending time with a loved one that is dying is a very personal thing. This does not mean that Obama will not reach out to his wife and kids for support, but spending time with the woman that practically raised him is between the two of them. Maybe there are things he wants to say to her that are for her ears only. Maybe they share grandson/grandma secrets that are special to only them. A sensitive inltelligent person would be able to understand and have empathy for this kind of situation.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Expect your typical Obama response. I am no conspiracy type of person, BUT, something SERIOUSLY doesn't add up about this whole situation.

If she is gravely ill, I am hoping for the best, but why wouldn't the whole family be there?

You add this in to the birth certificate lawsuit that is out there and any NON Obama supporter probably has some questions.

Does any Obama supporter have an information on why the whole family isn't there if the Grandma is truly gravely ill?

I hope it isn't what it seems like but there are definite questions that need to be answered from someone who is going to be leading our country.
How did you write that without laughing!!!?????

OOOHHHH Obama in secret conspiracy with Grandmother who is faking her illness to plot terrorist attacks!!!

YES! Someone who is going to be leading our country(glad you admit THAT) NEEDS to explain a visit to grandma's house!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times
This is so true. It was my first thought when I saw Michelle on TV today. I guess she doesn't really give a crap about ole Granny does she?!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 PM

513 posts, read 896,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
This is right up there with why is Sarah Palin out campaigning for VP when she has a DS newborn and a pregnant daughter that need her support an encouragement at this time of need. Both are non-issues.
Her baby doesn't need anything other than love just like any other baby, he isn't fighting for his life he has DS. Her pregnant daughter just like every other pregnant woman over the last 20 million years or whatever will be just fine. They have a dad too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections