Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times

Advertisements

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101
Public records requested by The Dispatch disclose that information on Wurzelbacher's driver's license or his sport-utility vehicle was pulled from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles database three times shortly after the debate.
Information on Wurzelbacher was accessed by accounts assigned to the office of Ohio Attorney General Nancy H. Rogers, the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency and the Toledo Police Department.
It has not been determined who checked on Wurzelbacher, or why. Direct access to driver's license and vehicle registration information from BMV computers is restricted to legitimate law enforcement and government business.

Wonderful. This is what everyday American citizens can look forward to in an Obama police state. Speak out against the leader, and they will investigate you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,464,245 times
My bet is she is just some nosy chick who checks out people all the time. She'd stop at Google like the rest of us, but she has a badge.

By the way, it's Bush who's now on our phone lines, checking which library books we read, reading our emails-- if I had to bet money on which candidate will drop a spy bomb on his own people, I'd sooner bet on McCain. Although he's still probably not as bad as Bush. Palin would have spy satellites reading the label on your underwear, though.

PS. Obama taught Constitutional Law at University of Chicago for a decade. He might know how to uphold it and respect it a bit better than the current administration.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
My bet is she is just some nosy chick who checks out people all the time. She'd stop at Google like the rest of us, but she has a badge.

By the way, it's Bush who's now on our phone lines, checking which library books we read, reading our emails-- if I had to bet money on which candidate will drop a spy bomb on his own people, it wouldn't be Obama.

PS. He taught Constitutional Law at University of Chicago for a decade. He might know how to uphold it and respect it a bit better than the current administration.
The Patriot Act is to protect our country from terrorists, NOT to investigate private American citizens who have spoken out against the governent. And I doubt Bush is really reading your emails or mine. If anyone is listening on my phones lines, or checking out what library books I read or reading my emails - well, I don't care because I have nothing to hide, and they probably are pretty darn bored. If you are so paranoid you think Bush cares what YOU are doing (unless you're a terrorist), then I dunno, maybe you ought to go get some professional help.

Any time you make a deposit over $10,000 in the bank the government is alerted because of the Patriot Act. Doesn't bother me. We borrowed $40,000 from our 401K over the summer and did some work on the house inside and out. Deposited the money into our checking account and we were informed that because of the Patriot Act, it would be reported. Okay. No big deal to me. I'm not planning to fly an airplane into the White House so what do I care?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
If people had their priorities straight they would stop wasting their time in trying to dig up dirt on a guy who simply asked a question, and instead would put the focus on terrorist friends of a current presidential candidate. Makes a lot more sense to me.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
You really need to get a grip on this Obama obsession. It was just people looking for a scoop.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 PM

425 posts, read 665,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
PS. Obama taught Constitutional Law at University of Chicago for a decade. He might know how to uphold it and respect it a bit better than the current administration.
I'd have more of a warm and fuzzy about your statement if he would at least learn how to put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem plays...

Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I'd have more of a warm and fuzzy about your statement if he would at least learn how to put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem plays...

Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
In my state driver licence infomation and vehicle registration is a public record. No one has to violate the law to obtain it. It is ony non-convictions that are guarded by law;convictions are not. This of course is what federal law allows from the many cases. In fact you now can get infomation from the front p[age of any police reprot that identifies suspects and other facts as per case law that is public record. Most police reports have a front page of this infomation open to any reproter or citizen.Nothiong to do with the patriot act it was brought on long before by newspapers filing a freedom of information case.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
^^^What he said! This information is public. How does anyone know that a government computer was used?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,464,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If anyone is listening on my phones lines, or checking out what library books I read or reading my emails - well, I don't care because I have nothing to hide, and they probably are pretty darn bored.
Civil liberties out the window, "See ya later alligator!" Well, as long as you won't miss them, I guess that makes it okie dokie.

CNN.com - Bush defends NSA spying program - Jan 1, 2006

The wiretaps were illegal, warrantless, pre-patriot act. Spying. On American citizens.

How can you defend a country that will no longer exist? (As we slowly morph into the USSA.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections