U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 PM

307 posts, read 604,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This guy was open and had not made his mind up and just asked a question that every American should ask to either party.....but Obama fans just want pics with Nobama, signatures and kiss up to the pop star and hope they soon will get the welfare check in the mail...well more welfare checks has to come when small business will fire people due to higher taxes...and we will see how happy the people will be with their checks, and how much less people will get for their 401K when they will taxed higher.....don't start whining and complaining....now is your chance, but you can wait and cry but I won't be sorry for you! I'm about to start a business and if I have to fire people to make more money under a Obama presidency...I will and too bad for the Obama fans, I only feel sorry for the Rep. voters who will loose a job and will try to fire the once who were all in favor of Obama, and in favor of taxing me higher...free country!
BTW when you are trying to make a point it kind of ruins it when you say things like Nobama, kiss up to pop star, and welfare check, blah blah blah, especially the part about I am going to start a business and I wll have to fire people to make more money, etc. None of it even makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM

3,517 posts, read 11,669,692 times
Joe the plumber, or more accurately, Sam, the illegal, unlicensed plumber who works for another illegal unlicensed plumber, is obviously a scam artist. He lied about the receipts his boss brings in with his illegal business, lied about having any plans or remote possibility that he could ever buy the illegal business, and lied about the amount of money he brings in. He's demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of how to run a business or anything about filing taxes for a business. He is not the average guy - he's a cheat and a liar. Obama spent a few minutes during their exchange trying to explicitly explain just how his tax proposals would affect the theoretical business and how most small businesses do not net more than $250k and would end up with a tax decrease.

For Sam's real income level, he would have even less taxes to pay under Obama's plan compared to McCain's. Not to mention that he's a tax cheat to boot.

It is pretty sad when your whole political talking points are resting on the blatently false claims of an illegal tradesman. I hope the state of Ohio shuts down the whole illegal enterprise and fines them for all the illegal work they've scammed people out of in the past. It is crooks like those 2 who give tradesmen a bad name.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:54 PM

2,522 posts, read 3,801,002 times
Can you blame the guy? He has looked "the devil" the eye.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,315,565 times
Quote:
It is pretty sad when your whole political talking points are resting on the blatently false claims of an illegal tradesman. I hope the state of Ohio shuts down the whole illegal enterprise and fines them for all the illegal work they've scammed people out of in the past. It is crooks like those 2 who give tradesmen a bad name.
I totally agree. Rep points for you!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:56 PM

20,048 posts, read 37,172,682 times
Joe don't know Jack. Neither does anyone who puts any credence in that phony baloney bozo.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:22 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,393,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Just when we thought that you'd exhausted the Joe the Plumber bit, you've gotta go back and try to milk the teet for a little more. Pathetic..............
You are right - pathetic indeed!!!

Do the Republicans think people are stupid enough to take the opinions of a 'wanna-be plumber' seriously? The guy isn't even a plumber - I might listen to him if he were...

Just remember - desperate campaigns do desperate things...

McCain is uber-desperate.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 PM

888 posts, read 2,211,074 times
Now this moron claims he's interested in running for congress in two years. I think he'd better pay up his back taxes first. Joe the Phony is more like it.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 PM

841 posts, read 779,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Just when we thought that you'd exhausted the Joe the Plumber bit, you've gotta go back and try to milk the teet for a little more. Pathetic..............
I thought that was a good post that expressed how I and many I know feel. Are you supposed to act like this as a moderator?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:52 PM

22,443 posts, read 15,471,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Washington Times - Joe 'scared for America' after talking to Obama

Joe the Plumber all but came out of the water closet for Sen. John McCain on Friday, saying that his famous exchange with Sen. Barack Obama made him "scared for America" and that he doesn't trust the Democratic presidential candidate on taxes.

The plumber, aka Joe Wurzelbacher, burst into the headlines after he buttonholed Mr. Obama less than two weeks ago during a campaign stop in his Holland, Ohio, neighborhood and quizzed him about his tax policy. On Friday, he said that he wasn't impressed by the Illinois senator in their encounter.

"When I was face to face with him, my honest first impression was that I expected something more. I had heard so much about 'his presence' in the media that I was surprised to find that he seemed very average," Mr. Wurzelbacher wrote in a live online chat on WashingtonTimes.com (read the transcript with Mr. Wurzelbacher here).

"My gut feeling as he answered my questions? I was scared for America," he wrote in response to a reader who asked "When you were face to face with Obama, what were you thinking and how did it feel?"

Mr. Wurzelbacher, arguably the world's most famous plumber, has become a cornerstone of Mr. McCain's Republican campaign, which had embarked on a statewide blitz across Florida in a series of "Joe the Plumber" events aimed at blue-collar workers.

This guy was open and had not made his mind up and just asked a question that every American should ask to either party.....but Obama fans just want pics with Nobama, signatures and kiss up to the pop star and hope they soon will get the welfare check in the mail...well more welfare checks has to come when small business will fire people due to higher taxes...and we will see how happy the people will be with their checks, and how much less people will get for their 401K when they will taxed higher.....don't start whining and complaining....now is your chance, but you can wait and cry but I won't be sorry for you! I'm about to start a business and if I have to fire people to make more money under a Obama presidency...I will and too bad for the Obama fans, I only feel sorry for the Rep. voters who will loose a job and will try to fire the once who were all in favor of Obama, and in favor of taxing me higher...free country!
I will be glad not to hear about "Joe The Plumber" (who is not really a plumber) and "Joe Six Pack" anymore. Enough with the Joes already. What's next? "Joe The Moose Skinner?"

Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 PM

968 posts, read 1,168,596 times
Joe the 'plumber' opinion means nothing. he owes back taxes. he is related to a keating 5. he donated money to mccain. A plant maybe? a supporter--yes. Joe the plumber doesnt believe in social security, he doesn't even have a plumbers liscence and he makes what was it.. under 40k a year? and didnt have plans to buy the business like he said.. that mans 15 minutes are up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or