Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM

532 posts, read 859,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I wondered why there was no link. Palestra is a cover for FOX News. A little internet research on this topic shows that only Palestra and FOX are covering this story, and the "facts" are dubious. When a real news network picks up the story, I will give it some credibility.
Apparently, a "real"news network is one that is only liberal? At least Fox News tells both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 03:29 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Here is the Link to the ops story. It was't had to find-

Palestra.net ~ The College Network

It also shows Fox 5 telling telling about the situation in the first video.

Diane G

Old 10-25-2008, 03:50 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Here is the Link to the ops story. It was't had to find-

It also shows Fox 5 telling telling about the situation in the first video.

Diane G
Palestra = Fox News puppets

More than 10 pieces of student-reported Palestra content a week should be running on both the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network by the fall as the school year restarts and the presidential campaigns swing into high gear. And founder Joe Weasel--a former on-air journalist for NBC affiliate WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio--says he began talking with Fox's local affiliates last week about placing Palestra content on their Web sites around the country, which could lead to on-air spots.

Rupert Murdoch: Big Man On Campus - Forbes.com

Old 10-25-2008, 06:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Palestra = Fox News puppets

More than 10 pieces of student-reported Palestra content a week should be running on both the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network by the fall as the school year restarts and the presidential campaigns swing into high gear. And founder Joe Weasel--a former on-air journalist for NBC affiliate WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio--says he began talking with Fox's local affiliates last week about placing Palestra content on their Web sites around the country, which could lead to on-air spots.

Rupert Murdoch: Big Man On Campus - Forbes.com
So are you disputing the story or just doing a driveby?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 PM

289 posts, read 362,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
McCains workers might be doing it, but Obama has ads running in Ohio College areas encouraging it. I live here, I hear them daily..
This is not against the law for college students to switch so that they can vote where they are. Good Grief u people need to get a life. I watched an interview today of someone who worked for the republicans and during one of the previous elections they jammed the lines at the democrats offices. The guy plead guilty and served his time.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Actually, there is a Canadian McCain supporter sitting in jail right now for fraud. He went into California and told voters there he was collecting signatures and info from people who supported harsher punishment for child molesters. He then took their names and info and registered them as Republicans...many were already registered as Democrats or Independents. This was 50,000 voters. He got paid 7-12 dollars for every person he registered as a Republican.
proof? link..? Didn't think soooooo.......

Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
McCains workers might be doing it, but Obama has ads running in Ohio College areas encouraging it. I live here, I hear them daily..

i think that what you're referring to is students registering to vote in the places where they live. what is wrong with that? if you live in a place at least 3/4 year and espec election day, why shouldn't a student register in that area? hell, i wish that i could register in a battleground state too.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:28 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
proof? link..? Didn't think soooooo.......
Yeah, and why look for yourself when you might find something you don't like.

Like this:
GOP registration collector arrested - UPI.com
Quote:
Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California home, but doesn't live there any longer. They allege he registered fraudulently so he could meet the requirement that signature gatherers be registered in California, the Times said.

The California Republican Party had hired Jacoby's firm, Young Political Majors, to register new GOP voters in the state.

However, dozens of voters said they were duped into registering as Republicans by the firm, saying they were told they were signing a petition to toughen penalties against child molesters. The Times said the firm was paid up to $12 for every state resident registered as a Republican.
Satisfied?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
This is not against the law for college students to switch so that they can vote where they are. Good Grief u people need to get a life. I watched an interview today of someone who worked for the republicans and during one of the previous elections they jammed the lines at the democrats offices. The guy plead guilty and served his time.

The 13 that withdrew their votes did so because they voted in Ohio where they were staying to work on Obama team.
They should have voted in their home state, not Ohio.
They are all lawyers and knew better, but did it anyway.
My point is voter fraud, not because they voted for Obama.
I would be just as upset if they voted for Mccian.
What is troubling to me, is it is happening under our noses and does anyone really care about it?
Most of the replys here has been not about what happened, but that it was exposed by someone they do not like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections