Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,493 times

Advertisements

Sara and John are both kicking W under the Greyhound, much like most Americans did more than a year ago.

By Wednesday she'll be putting John under there too!

She's already scouting locations for offices in New Hampshire and Iowa. Why else would she campaign up there when IA is long gone and I doubt they can save NH. Remember when she said she and Todd would go back to MI after John pulled the plug?

It's all part of her master plan. It's not pretty when the "creation" of the mad scientist turns on the mad scientist himself! In the next reel you can expect to see villagers with torches!

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:00 AM

425 posts, read 1,092,942 times
Are you insinuating that this is all part of some grand Sarah Palin plan to get herself in the running for 2012? That's hysterical!!

Honey, she's just not that bright. You're giving her way too much credit.

No, after they lose, she'll get her own talk show, probably on Faux News. Just you wait and see. She'll be the darling of the neocon set and she won't give Alaska a second thought. She and her dopey gigilo of a husband will set themselves up in the burbs outside of NYC and spend the next 8 years trying to convince people that every positive thing that comes out of the Obama administration was a legacy left by the Bush administration. (As if!)

Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,708,981 times
While I think Palin was woefully unprepared for the national stage at the time she was thrust upon it, I don't think you can say she's not smart. I think she is plenty shrewd and I fully expect her to be in the mix for leadership of the party in 2012 or 2016. She has plenty of time to doctor her image, a scapegoat (McCain) for the performance of this current campaign, and a willingness to play ball behind the scenes with the real power brokers of the party. That willingness to play ball and her use of a folksy manner to cover her shrewdness while stoking the far right base reminds me very much of a two-term president we all know. What will happen four or eight years out is hard to predict, but I wouldn't underestimate her drive and ambition.

Strictly an opinion, of course.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
While I think Palin was woefully unprepared for the national stage at the time she was thrust upon it, I don't think you can say she's not smart. I think she is plenty shrewd and I fully expect her to be in the mix for leadership of the party in 2012 or 2016. She has plenty of time to doctor her image, a scapegoat (McCain) for the performance of this current campaign, and a willingness to play ball behind the scenes with the real power brokers of the party. That willingness to play ball and her use of a folksy manner to cover her shrewdness while stoking the far right base reminds me very much of a two-term president we all know. What will happen four or eight years out is hard to predict, but I wouldn't underestimate her drive and ambition.

Strictly an opinion, of course.
Mine too - she's a total Eve Harrington.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Mine too - she's a total Eve Harrington.
I hope we don't end up with a bumpy night.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,774,241 times
Bush rides the short bus.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:28 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
If you think Bush is being thrown under the bus now, just wait until AFTER the election and the GOP begins devouring it's own in an orgy of finger-pointing.

What you are seeing now is just the BEGINNING.

It's going to get REALLY UGLY.

Ken

Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I hope we don't end up with a bumpy night.
"I'd do a lot more for a part that good."

Old 10-25-2008, 03:15 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,493 times
lordbalfour wrote;
Quote:
If you think Bush is being thrown under the bus now, just wait until AFTER the election and the GOP begins devouring it's own in an orgy of finger-pointing.

What you are seeing now is just the BEGINNING.

It's going to get REALLY UGLY.
I can hardly wait.

Palin and Huckabee battle for the hearts and minds of the religious right, Romney goes for the old "Rockefeller" Repubs, Giuiliani goes for that part of the base that still thinks "greed is good". It'll be a real cat fight.

When the 2012 campaign gets into full swing, right after the Super Bowl it'll be interesting to see how many of them raise their hands on the "believe in evolution" question.

I'm laying in an extra supply of popcorn and butter NOW.

golfgod

Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
lordbalfour wrote;

I can hardly wait.

Palin and Huckabee battle for the hearts and minds of the religious right, Romney goes for the old "Rockefeller" Repubs, Giuiliani goes for that part of the base that still thinks "greed is good". It'll be a real cat fight.

When the 2012 campaign gets into full swing, right after the Super Bowl it'll be interesting to see how many of them raise their hands on the "believe in evolution" question.

I'm laying in an extra supply of popcorn and butter NOW.

golfgod
Plan ahead, stash away a supply of tasteful green air-sickness bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections