Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:25 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,985,189 times

Advertisements

I'm just so relieved after 8 very long years of misery and misconduct that there's actually going to be someone intelligent, inspiring, presidential, and has positive vision for our great nation. I'm a little disappointed though, that Obama will be the one to spend so much time cleaning up after Bush, and not be able to accomplish as much as he would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
I'm excited! The way he rocked the crowd at the rally in Kansas City was so awesome!! I'm trying to decide what to fix for my election night party....gonna fire up the BBQ,and dig out the mixer... I think BBQ chicken & Strawberry Margaritas sound good!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
The first thing i'm going to do after Obama wins is laugh at the republicans on this forum.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I'm so excited that we're so close to realizing this dream. Barack Obama is, as Colin Powell said, a transformational figure. If we can elect this man our president, we will be on the way to repairing our tarnished image in the world. We will take the country back from the warmongers and put it back in the hands of someone who thinks before he speaks.
After 8 years of Bush and all the harm and embarrassment he has brought to the US, it is so exciting to be on the brink of change.
I am also so thrilled about this moment in history. If we choose Barack Obama as our president, we will be going a long way toward the dream of equality between races. The impact of his presidency will be tremendous in the long run.
I'm 30 years old and this is the first time I've been really excited about a presidential candidate. Cross your fingers, knock on wood, and for god's sake go out and vote on Nov 4!

Barack Obama 2008!
Love your enthusiasm !!! Hang onto it but, please, don't expect an earthquake of reform because Obama is elected. This country will not change overnight.

And to those who I've seen saying Obama will change this country(for good or ill) ...this country has done nothing BUT change over 200 years and that's as it should be. Luckily, we may have a new president who can start the change for the better...

VOTE OBAMA!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I'm excited! The way he rocked the crowd at the rally in Kansas City was so awesome!! I'm trying to decide what to fix for my election night party....gonna fire up the BBQ,and dig out the mixer... I think BBQ chicken & Strawberry Margaritas sound good!
Pizza and Absolut!......if Obama doesn't win.....more Absolut!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Hey...where do you live?! Want a few guests?!

I am cautiously optimistic. After the past several years of discouragement it's hard to believe that we may get a quality leader...and boy do we need him!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:35 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
...if Obama doesn't win.....more Absolut!
Lots more . . .

Old 10-25-2008, 05:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I'm just so relieved after 8 very long years of misery and misconduct that there's actually going to be someone intelligent, inspiring, presidential, and has positive vision for our great nation. I'm a little disappointed though, that Obama will be the one to spend so much time cleaning up after Bush, and not be able to accomplish as much as he would like.
You are being way too kind using the term "misconduct." There is a string of out and out crimes committted by criminlas and thugs. My only disappointment in seeing Bush finally leave the White House is that his crime family will get away with all of the destruction. Maybe one day we will see justice. Obama and family will have to fumigate the place, but they will be like a breath of fresh air.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:04 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Hey...where do you live?! Want a few guests?!

I am cautiously optimistic. After the past several years of discouragement it's hard to believe that we may get a quality leader...and boy do we need him!
Sure c'mon over!!

I agree!
It's been a long time since I've seen people so excited about an election. Would be great if the whole country could/would get together & work towards a better USA. We've been divided for quite some time now.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Keep in mind folks, the topic here is (drum roll please)

Obama Supporters- Are You Excited?

Not John McCain, not Mao, not knitting class, not even cornbread recipes, but....

Obama Supporters- Are You Excited?

cool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections