Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,669 times

Advertisements

What amazes me, still, though I do not know why, is that folks will blast Mccain on an affair, his war record, the fact that he did not commit suicide, Cindy Mccain's money, her drug addiction, Gov Plain, her husband, children, even her little baby, her clothes
and on and on.
But when it comes to anything that questions Obama
well you are a right wing racist nut case.
Of course nothing biased there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 AM

873 posts, read 1,583,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
What amazes me, still, though I do not know why, is that folks will blast Mccain on an affair, his war record, the fact that he did not commit suicide, Cindy Mccain's money, her drug addiction, Gov Plain, her husband, children, even her little baby, her clothes
and on and on.
Are you stating that these are things that you wouldn't have slammed Obama on?

It's not an issue of "anything" that questions Obama. Have you not noticed that anything that is said about Palin (I notice you wrote Plain ) supposedly smacks of sexism? What's the difference? If you make racial slurs, you'll be called on the carpet about it. If we make sexist slurs, we will be. I see no difference here, unless of course someone can't think of anything better to do with their time.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:58 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm not going to teach you history. If you are ignorant of it it's your demise and destiny to repeat it.

WHAT a laughably lame attempt at covering your inability to answer a very simple question. It's your own ignorance of history that prevents you from answering.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:00 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

WHAT a laughably lame attempt at covering your inability to answer a very simple question. It's your own ignorance of history that prevents you from answering.
If you knew history I wouldn't have to repeat it. I'll help ya out this one time:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...D37&playnext=1
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...80D&playnext=1

Note these were played in schools before schools were lobotomized by liberals.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
If you knew history I wouldn't have to repeat it. I'll help ya out this one time:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...D37&playnext=1
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...80D&playnext=1

Note these were played in schools before schools were lobotomized by liberals.

A simple question that YOU have yet to answer, I'm not interested in some YouTube crap. It was a VERY simple question that you are apparently incapable of answering.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
and on and on.

In the context of this thread about the 'great' communist threat::

Maybe because virtually all Americans have some small tie to communism thru their purchase of communist made/supplied products?

Maybe because many of those same people have profited thru stock ownership in companies trading with commusist countries?

Maybe because many/most of those same people have NEVER cheated on a spouse/lover and consider it wrong?

Maybe because many/most of those same people have NEVER abused drugs and consider it questionable behavior?

Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,752,128 times
I personally feel the Cold War was a joke and a waste of the taxpayers's dollars... just more fear mongering... no reason to think that Communism would prevail in the end, if Democracy was/is a better deal riiiight? History is repeating itself now alright... more fear mongering... this time 'terrorism'. Most egregious terrorism happens at home and abroad, starting with big brother.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A simple question that YOU have yet to answer, I'm not interested in some YouTube crap. It was a VERY simple question that you are apparently incapable of answering.
And once again you fail to answer the simple question about the debacle of chasing phantom threats of communist world domination in Vietnam.

If you do not know history I can't teach it to you on here with a few post. The best I can do is give you a 60 minute video and hope you do more research after viewing it. I know I know why try and help a liberal

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/VietnamWar.htm

Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Default I'm going to go with the it was real.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
I personally feel the Cold War was a joke and a waste of the taxpayers's dollars... just more fear mongering... no reason to think that Communism would prevail in the end, if Democracy was/is a better deal riiiight? History is repeating itself now alright... more fear mongering... this time 'terrorism'. Most egregious terrorism happens at home and abroad, starting with big brother.

American Communist Party Korean War Atomic Bomb Kuomintang Ba'ath Party My Lai Berlin Airlift Marshall Plan Berlin Wall Military Coup in Chile Bay of Pigs McCarthyism Cambodia and Laos National Liberation Front Central Intelligence Agency New Jewel Movement Chemical Warfare Nicaragua Chinese Communist Party North Atlantic Treaty (NATO) Cultural Revolution Nuclear Arms Race Comintern October War Congo Crisis Operation Rolling Thunder Cuban Missile Crisis Ostpolitik Dien Bien Phu Palestine Liberation Organization Détente Perestroika Domino Theory Prague Spring Eisenhower Doctrine Red Guards Egyptian Revolution Red Spy Queen Eugene Dennis Case Rosenberg Case European Economic Community Sadat Initiative European Unity Sandinista National Liberation Front Federal Republic of Germany Solidarnosc Front for National Liberation (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/COLDfnl.htm - broken link) Soviet Communist Party Gang of Four SEATO German Democratic Republic Schuman Plan Great Leap Forward Six-Day War Grenada Strategic Hamlet Programme Gulf of Tonkin Suez Canal Guerrilla Warfare Tet Offensive Hallstein Doctrine Truman Doctrine Ho Chi Minh Trail U-2 Crisis Hollywood Ten Vietnam Protest Movement House of Un-American Activities Vietnam Revolutionary League Hungarian Uprising Vietnam War Iraqi Revolution Warsaw Pact Korea Zionism Dean Acheson John F. Kennedy Konrad Adenauer Robert Kennedy Salvador Allende Anna Kethly Yuri Andropov Henry Kissinger Yasir Arafat Nikita Khrushchev Jacobo Arbenz Helmut Kohl Shlomo Argov Alexsei Kosygin Clement Attlee Bela Kovacs Ahmad Hasan al-Bakr Bruno Kreisky Tracy Barnes Aleksander Kwasniewski Fulgencio Batista Edward Lansdale Menachem Begin Geza Lodonczy Ahmed Ben Bella Patrice Lumumba Eduard Benes George Lukacs David Ben-Gurion Douglas MacArthur Lavrenti Beria Pal Maleter (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/cOLDmeleter.htm - broken link) Folke Bernadotte George Marshall Ernest Bevin Jan Masaryk Lin Biao Joseph McCarthy Istvan Bibo Patrick McCarran Georges Bidault Harold Macmillan Maurice Bishop Gregory Malenkov Richard Bissell André Marty Leon Blum John McCone Houari Boumedienne Golda Meir Willy Brandt Pierre Mendes-France Leonid Brezhnev Stanislaw Mikolajczyk Nikolai Bulganin Anastas Mikoyan George H. W. Bush Ho Chi Minh James F. Byrnes Joseph Mindszenty James Callaghan Francois Mitterrand Luis Carrero Blanco Sese Seko Mobutu Jimmy Carter Guy Mollet Fidel Castro Vyacheslav Molotov Konstantin Chernenko Jean Monnet Jacques Chirac David Morales Winston Churchill Aldo Moro Bernard Coard Frenc Nagy Richard Stafford Cripps Imre Nagy Charles De Gaulle Gamal Abdel Nasser Moshe Dayan Mohammed Neguib Georgi Dimitrov Richard Nixon Bo Dai Antonin Novotny Zhu De Leopold Okulicki Seftan Delmer Daniel Ortega Ngo Dinh Diem Olof Palme Milovan Djilas Shimon Peres Alexander Dubcek David Atlee Phillips Allen Dulles Augusto Pinochet John Foster Dulles John Platts-Mills Anthony Eden D. N. Pritt Dwight Eisenhower Yitzhak Rabin Zhou Enlai Wladyslaw Raczkiewicz Laurent Fabius Laszlo Rajk Faisal II Matyas Rakosi Farouk I Ronald Reagan Ferenc Farkas Syngman Rhee Joseph Fischer Walt Rostow Desmond FitzGerald Dean Rusk Michael Foot Bertrand Russell Gerald Ford Anwar Sadat Francisco Franco Nuri es-Said William Fulbright Andrey Sakharov Eric Gairy Antonio Salazar William Gallacher Jean Paul Sartre Erno Gero Robert Schuman Vo Nguyen Giap Ted Shackley Edward Gierek Liu Shaoqi Valery Giscard d'Estaing Rudolf Slansky Miklos Gimes Anastasio Somoza Barry Goldwater Joseph Stalin Wladyslaw Gomulka Henry L. Stimson Felipe Gonzalez Adlai Stevenson Mikhail Gorbachev Adolfo Suarez (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/COLDsuarez.htm - broken link) Klement Gottwald Ludvik Svoboda Andrei Gromyko Istvan Szabo Che Guevara Attila Szigethy Walter Hallstein Zolton Tildy Dag Hammarskjold Josip Tito Isser Harel Margaret Thatcher W. Averell Harriman Nguyen Van Thieu

Old 10-26-2008, 01:42 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
I didn't read all those names, just skimmed them and I came across Joseph McCarthy! Now McCarthy was a lot of thngs, but he wasn't a communist! He was a communist witch hunter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections