Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Please--not the "Jackie" comparison again. She is a smart, intelligent lady, but Jackie Kennedy. she is NOT.
She comes from a different place than Jackie, different background, etc., but she does remind me of her.
This is for a couple of reasons: externally there is a resemblance, with Michelle's height, her hairstyle, her regal and simple elegance in fashion.
Physically she is very attractive, as was Jackie.
But the person inside reminds me of Jackie as well, because Jackie Kennedy was her own person who kept very busy with her own agenda, and Michelle looks to be the same. She loves her husband but her identity is not subsumed by his: she is assertive, accomplished and very intelligent. She does take the high road, as Jackie did.
She is not the next Jackie--there will never be another Jackie Kennedy.
She is the next First Lady that America can actually get excited about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,271 times
Me too and wish I could have seen the whole speech. She is an asset and will make a helluva first lady.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:02 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
She comes from a different place than Jackie, different background, etc., but she does remind me of her.
This is for a couple of reasons: externally there is a resemblance, with Michelle's height, her hairstyle, her regal and simple elegance in fashion.
Physically she is very attractive, as was Jackie.
But the person inside reminds me of Jackie as well, because Jackie Kennedy was her own person who kept very busy with her own agenda, and Michelle looks to be the same. She loves her husband but her identity is not subsumed by his: she is assertive, accomplished and very intelligent. She does take the high road, as Jackie did.
She is not the next Jackie--there will never be another Jackie Kennedy.
She is the next First Lady that America can actually get excited about.
My sentiments too.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:32 PM

207 posts, read 704,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
She's a fantastic lady. I think of her as a cross between Hilary Clinton and Jackie Kennedy. She's smart, successful, intelligent and passionate- and she's also elegant, stylish, and a devoted wife. People keep saying we should be inspired my Palin's success, but I'm inspired by Michelle Obama, who really does seem to have it all.

I completely agree. I think she is a great role model for all women and girls. I also love the fact that she takes the high road which is also what I'm trying to teach my daughter.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,463,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
I think your thoughts are going to be the same for many non decided voters.
IMHO, they are not sure about either candidate and if all they hear is negative Obama rhetoric, I think it really turns them off. People don't want to hear this nonsense when there are more important issues out there.
I think when times are good, negative campaigning is very effective.

But when times are bad people want solutions to the problems at hand. Some allegations about the economy might stick, but anything else sounds like little kids whining and finger pointing on a day when you just found out you have a brain tumor.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:39 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,452 times
Michelle Osama = The worst First Lady in U.S. History if Obama Bin Laden is elected.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:46 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Well said! I think Michele Obama has been nothing but graceful and elegant throughout the campaign process. Even when presented with opportunities to criticize the McCain camp, she has taken the high road.
I couldn't agree more. But then that's the difference between an educated, articulate, professional woman, mother and lady vs. a shrill, uninformed, small town, small time, unsuccessful political prop.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Michelle Osama = The worst First Lady in U.S. History if Obama Bin Laden is elected.
The childish ignorance and venom in this statement is indicative of the low mentality and caliber of the McCain/Palin's voting block. It further serves to reiterate the reason that come November 4th, rednecked politics in America will no longer be the acceptable norm.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:10 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,186 times
Michelle has been a true lady throughout this campaign. She will make a wonderful and inspiring First Lady.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:14 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Michele Obama is a lady of substance. She is intelligent, strong, has great decency, and had the good judgement to marry a man of similar attributes. They will make a first family of which we can be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections