U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM

947 posts, read 1,380,575 times
Smile Authentic Birth Certificate

http://www.politifact.com/media/img/graphics/birthCertObama.jpg (broken link)
Not sure if already posted or not, but here is an authentic birth certificate.

He also has one shown in a scrapbook http://obamascrapbook.com/index (broken link). htm
For you Obama fans-check out the whole scrapbook-it is wonderful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 PM

3,446 posts, read 4,618,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You know, if I wanted to, I could start an internet rumor that Sarah Palin had an abortion, and that is why she hasn't released her complete medical records. Then, if she ever released any medical records, I could say that if she probably went to an abortion clinic rather than her regular doctor and hadn't included those records. Then I could say that her doctor won't release her records without her permission because he's afraid he'll get sued. I could go on and on.

None of it would mean that she'd had an abortion. But it's damn difficult to prove a negative.

Plus, that would be a crappy thing to do, so I wouldn't do it.
Marlow, you can certainly say such a thing about Palin (or whomever) however there is a HUGE difference between what you playfully suggest doing to Palin and all the issues surrounding Obama's true birthplace and him not being forthcoming with any records of any kind concerning his early life. Much of his life is a mystery and he is all too willing to keep it a mystery. Even his relationships with known low-life thugs has never fully come out concerning who sought out whom and why. Obama has so much baggage that it's very troubling when he refuses to open up, tell the truth and come clean about himself. The mainstream media certainly isn't helping the American people find out who Obama really is because they give him a pass on everything even slightly marginal against him. I'm afraid our country will learn too late what (and who) Obama really is. He would do millions of people a huge favor if he would stop hiding so much about himself and let people size him up for what he truly is instead of what Obama is allowing us to believe about him when so much information about him is lacking.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM

69,179 posts, read 58,353,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
http://www.politifact.com/media/img/graphics/birthCertObama.jpg (broken link)
Not sure if already posted or not, but here is an authentic birth certificate.

He also has one shown in a scrapbook http://obamascrapbook.com/index (broken link). htm
For you Obama fans-check out the whole scrapbook-it is wonderful!!
Thanks but I think this has been posted dozens of times before. It's just that some on this forum don't want to believe that IS his birth certificate. They would rather believe a crack-pot Philadelphia lawyer who will release some tape of Obama's grandmother, who must be about 90 by now, that claims she was present at his delivery "in a day or two". Just like Sarah Palin will release her medical records "soon".

Old 10-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thanks but I think this has been posted dozens of times before. It's just that some on this forum don't want to believe that IS his birth certificate. They would rather believe a crack-pot Philadelphia lawyer who will release some tape of Obama's grandmother, who must be about 90 by now, that claims she was present at his delivery "in a day or two". Just like Sarah Palin will release her medical records "soon".
"Crack-pot Philadelphia lawyer"! The man is a former Democratic Deputy Attorney General for the state of Pennsylvania... I'd say the man has a lot of credibility...far more than you do.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 PM

7,451 posts, read 7,770,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Marlow, you can certainly say such a thing about Palin (or whomever) however there is a HUGE difference between what you playfully suggest doing to Palin and all the issues surrounding Obama's true birthplace and him not being forthcoming with any records of any kind concerning his early life. Much of his life is a mystery and he is all too willing to keep it a mystery. Even his relationships with known low-life thugs has never fully come out concerning who sought out whom and why. Obama has so much baggage that it's very troubling when he refuses to open up, tell the truth and come clean about himself.
I was just pointing out how difficult to prove that one didn't do something once a negative rumor starts.

There really ARE NOT any mysterious issues surrounding Obama's true birthplace. He has provided a Hawaiian birth certificate. That is the standard proof people provide to prove the circumstances surrounding their births. That you won't accept it as proof is not Obama's fault and does not make for a mystery.

Regarding the "low-life thugs," I'm not sure who you're talking about. If it's William Ayers, Obama's with Ayers been explained over and over. Again, I don't think you'll ever be satisfied with any explanation.

You know, the Whitewater investigation lasted 8 years, cost $40 million and proved.....nothing. I hope that's not where this silly issue is heading.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM

2,175 posts, read 2,164,148 times
Quote:
Attorney Philip Berg, former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania - Cell (610) 662-3005, (610) 825-3134

“This has been a real sham he’s pulled off for the last 20 months,” Berg told Savage. “I’ll release it [the tape] in a day or two, affidavits from her talking to a certain person. I heard the tape. She was speaking [to someone] here in the United States.” He said the telephone call was from Obama’s paternal grandmother affirming she “was in the delivery room in Kenya when he was born Aug. 4, 1961.”

Man Challenging Obama’s Citizenship Claims To Have Tape Of His Grandma Confirming His Birth In Kenya - Say Anything

UPDATED: Link to mp3: Phil Berg says Sarah Obama reveals Barack Obama born in Kenya

Press Release: Berg v. Obama dismissed - Berg appealing to U. S. Supreme Court (http://www.obamacrimes.com/index.php/component/content/article/2-news/45-press-release-berg-v-obama-dismissed-berg-appealing-to-u-s-supreme-court - broken link)

Jerome Corsi, author of "Obama Nation"

Corsi in Kenya: Obama's Nation Boots Obama Nation Author - TIME
I've now looked at all 4 sites and listened to The Savage Nation.

I listed 4 questions:
1) Where is the tape of the grandmother?

2) Where is a trustworthy source for the translation of the grandmother?

3) Where is the trustworthy source for the detainment and subsequent release to London of the Republican 'dirty tricks' team that went to Kenya and ostensibly found a birth certificate for Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.?

ETA: 4) Where is there evidence "that there is NO record in any Hawaiian hospital of Obama's birth?"

The answer to the first question is "Atty. Berg says he has it and will release it in 'a day or two.' The problem with this is that he said that on October 23rd. Today is October 27th.

There is still no sign of the recording 4 days later.
The answer to the second question is that as of now there is no transcript by an trustworthy source (or any other), or even the claimed "affidavits from her talking to a certain person" on the telephone.

There are no transcripts or affidavits 4 days later.
The answer to the third question is that there was no "Republican dirty tricks" team, just Jim "Dirty Tricks" Corsi. But, amazingly, he was detained - for a whopping 4.5 hours (according to Time Magazine - 13 hours according to Corsi). So, there is finally verification, sort of, for ONE thing you have said. (It's not quite the same as: "Kenya prevented and held people that were in Kenya to investigate, and later let them go to London." One person, not a team.)

However, that seems to be as far as veracity seems to go on this question. There is no Kenyan Birth Certificate, as has previously been claimed.

Nor does Corsi claim to have been doing anything there relative to Obama's birth, so it is totally unrelated to this discussion. (A different post about Corsi may follow.)
The answer to the fourth question is "Oh. That topic? Well, I have no information about the hospital records question."
I asked 4 questions. (Why is this post different from all other posts?)

I got one answer.

No tapes. No transcripts or translations or affidavits. No evidence concerning hospital records.

Kooter also provided phone numbers for Atty. Berg. At 8:50pm tonight, I called his cell phone from mine. I got no answer and a mailbox that was too full and would not take a message. (This is not a shock.)

Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I was just pointing out how difficult to prove that one didn't do something once a negative rumor starts.

There really ARE NOT any mysterious issues surrounding Obama's true birthplace. He has provided a Hawaiian birth certificate. That is the standard proof people provide to prove the circumstances surrounding their births. That you won't accept it as proof is not Obama's fault and does not make for a mystery.

Regarding the "low-life thugs," I'm not sure who you're talking about. If it's William Ayers, Obama's with Ayers been explained over and over. Again, I don't think you'll ever be satisfied with any explanation.

You know, the Whitewater investigation lasted 8 years, cost $40 million and proved.....nothing. I hope that's not where this silly issue is heading.
I want you to know that I do understand what you mean about starting negative rumors and how problematic it can be to defend yourself and disprove a negative. However, in this case there is a lot of information that supports the view that Obama was born in Kenya and ineligible to be President. It would be so damn easy for Obama to clean this matter up and defend himself against a false rumor of this magnitude. But he won't! But he should...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM

2,175 posts, read 2,164,148 times
Quote:
I want you to know that I do understand what you mean about starting negative rumors and how problematic it can be to defend yourself and disprove a negative. However, in this case there is a lot of information that supports the view that Obama was born in Kenya and ineligible to be President. It would be so damn easy for Obama to clean this matter up and defend himself against a false rumor of this magnitude. But he won't! But he should...
There is almost no information that supports the view that Obama was born in Kenya, Kooter.

There is no evidence that her mother was in Kenya or had a passport at that time.

There is a claim of a tape of phone conversation with the grandmother - but no tape or transcript - what do you suppose he needs the extra time for? I know that if it were Obama taking the time after saying it would be out, you'd be very suspicious!

Berg has claimed that there is a Kenyan birth certificate, but he doesn't have it. There is a claim that it was sent to three places in the United States, but there is nobody saying they have it.

There is a legal, verified Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth, printed in 2007 and based on the on-file information. It has been seen by people other than the Obama campaign.

There are two separate newspaper clippings with birth announcements from shortly after Obama was born. Their limited information matches the information on the Certificate of Live Birth. The clippings are from libraries, not from the campaign.

There have been claims that the Certificate was forged and that the Advertiser newspaper clipping was a fake. Those have been debunked.

Kooter, there is ZERO evidence to support the notion that he was born in Kenya. There are only verbal claims and innuendo.

And your belief that Hawaii's showing the so-called vault copy is going to change anything is either naive or disingenuous, but I don't know which.

As soon as it comes out, we will be back with the forgery claims and the "but they were tricked, the mom lied back in 1961," and myriad other such things. Originally, we were told "let us see a birth certificate." It came out and was used as further grist for false reasons like forgery and "anybody could get one of those."

It's the same thing as what happened with the court ruling, Kooter. As soon as it came down, the conspiracy theorists had to develop a reason for its having gone the way it did, even though STANDING was what Berg said would be why it got tossed in the Illuminati movie.

No matter what proof Obama offers or what LACK of proof Berg offers, the conspiracy theorists are going to disbelieve Obama, while not applying the same standard to Berg (or Corsi, for that matter).

Old 10-27-2008, 10:54 PM

1,994 posts, read 2,650,128 times
I don't know how old Obama's grandmother is or if she is suffering from dementia, but I can tell you that my mother, my mother-in-law, my father, and my father-in-law could not have told you when or where my wife or I were born or even our ages or names the last 20 years of their lives. They could have been easily manipulated to say anything. (Actually, my mother-in-law is still alive at 87, and last week, she didn't know who I was when we visited her, only knew her own daughter when we told her who she was and then wondered why she wasn't six years old.)

Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 PM

69,179 posts, read 58,353,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I don't know how old Obama's grandmother is or if she is suffering from dementia, but I can tell you that my mother, my mother-in-law, my father, and my father-in-law could not have told you when or where my wife or I were born or even our ages or names the last 20 years of their lives. They could have been easily manipulated to say anything. (Actually, my mother-in-law is still alive at 87, and last week, she didn't know who I was when we visited her, only knew her own daughter when we told her who she was and then wondered why she wasn't six years old.)
Yes. I calculated and posted on another thread about this that Obama's Kenyan grandmother would be at least 90 years old by now. My mother-in-law is 89, and I doubt she would be able to tell you with absolute certainty where my kids were born. She might say Omaha, where her other grand-kids were born, rather than Boulder, CO, where mine were born. She might confuse being present when one of them was born for a different grandkid. Add to that language and cultural barriers. It is possible Mrs. Obama, supersenior would not even know what they were really asking her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections