Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,079,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes. I calculated and posted on another thread about this that Obama's Kenyan grandmother would be at least 90 years old by now. My mother-in-law is 89, and I doubt she would be able to tell you with absolute certainty where my kids were born. She might say Omaha, where her other grand-kids were born, rather than Boulder, CO, where mine were born. She might confuse being present when one of them was born for a different grandkid. Add to that language and cultural barriers. It is possible Mrs. Obama, supersenior would not even know what they were really asking her.
Add to that the fact that she has several grandchildren and if someone asked her where her grandson was born she more than likely would be thinking of the grandsons that she sees on a regular basis rather than one she has seen only once or twice. So if she said she was there when her grandson was born she more than likely was.....it just wasn't Obama....or at least not OUR Obama. I happen to know this one guy named Jack (true story) who has been married 3 times. First daughter born by first wife was named Jackie . First son born by second wife was named Jack. First son by third wife was named John and called Jack. First daughter born by third wife was another Jackie. So he has two sons called Jack and two daughters called Jackie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,282,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I don't know how old Obama's grandmother is or if she is suffering from dementia, but I can tell you that my mother, my mother-in-law, my father, and my father-in-law could not have told you when or where my wife or I were born or even our ages or names the last 20 years of their lives. They could have been easily manipulated to say anything. (Actually, my mother-in-law is still alive at 87, and last week, she didn't know who I was when we visited her, only knew her own daughter when we told her who she was and then wondered why she wasn't six years old.)
Obama's maternal grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, is currently age 86. The Obama campaign has kept her off-limits, and prohibits interviews with her even though her mind is said to be sharp.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Obama's maternal grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, is currently age 86. The Obama campaign has kept her off-limits, and prohibits interviews with her even though her mind is said to be sharp.
''

Would YOU let YOUR 86 year old grandmother be hounded by the press? I sure never would have. Not under any circumstances.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,282,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
''

Would YOU let YOUR 86 year old grandmother be hounded by the press? I sure never would have. Not under any circumstances.
Honestly - no, I would not. However, look at McCain's mother that is much older. She has been interviewed numerous times.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,626,917 times
Quote:
That may be - I wouldn't be surprised about either item.

But that's not the grandmother in question, is it?

And now another day has come and gone since the great "I'll make the tape available in a day or two" announcement from Attorney Berg, defender of the American people. We are into the 6th day.

He must be having a hard time finding an actress who can both learn the language and have the right voice quality for his "exclusive proof" about Obama.

Oh, right - aren't we supposed to be hearing about this grand appeal he was going to file "straight to the Supreme Court," if I am not mistaken. Here it is, from his website:

Berg said, "I am totally disappointed by Judge Surrick's decision and, for all citizens of the United States, I am immediately appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court."

So, Monday and Tuesday have passed. Has he filed his appeal? No?! I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that Atty. Berg has not followed through on his promise/threat.

No evidence, still, Kooter. I keep asking for evidence of Obama's having done something wrong and you keep offering either hearsay, rumor, and innuendo, or nothing at all.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 PM
LML

The only thing Berg could do that would surprise me is if he quit using people's racism and paranoia as a fund raising mechanisim by collecting "contributions" from the guillible for his "suits."

Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 AM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?
I wish all you McCain whiney asses would read this ENTIRE article and not just the parts that sound like it's something bad about Obama. I can't wait for next Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:11 AM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
And excuse my French in my last comment!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:06 AM

438 posts, read 1,191,133 times
I don't want to get involved in this cluster-you-know-what, but:

Quote:
That is because no other candidate running for President has ever had a non-American father, and lived and went to school in other countries as a young man.
This is completely false, on both counts. You don't need to go back far in history to find examples, either; Mitt Romney's father, George Romney, was born in Mexico -- and he ran for President in 1968! The Wikipedia article on George is useful:

Quote:
It is notable that while Romney was born in Mexico, he was still considered to be a viable and legal candidate to run for office. His Mormon grandfather and his three wives fled to Mexico in 1886, but none of them ever relinquished their citizenship. While the Constitution does provide that a president must be a natural born citizen, the first Congress of the United States in 1790 passed legislation stating: "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond the sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States."

Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,626,917 times
I'd totally missed the other McCain-oriented suit, Robinson v. Secretary of State Debra Bowen, et al. Robinson v. Secretary of State Debra Bowen et al Document 39 - :: Justia Docs is the decision. Oddly enough, in that one, too, the case was dismissed due to lack of standing, though the judge did go so far as to say that it seemed likely that Senator McCain was, indeed, a natural-born citizen.

But, unlike the others, it provides the specific mechanism for an appeal in case of an unqualified candidate, outlining the procedures from 3 U.S.C. 15, which specify that:
[e]very objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received. When all objections so made . . . shall have been received and read, the Senate shall thereupon withdraw, and such objections shall be submitted to the Senate for its decision; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, in like manner, submit such objections to the House of Representatives for its decision.

Judge Alsup also suggests that Senator McCain might have standing, as his 'harm' would be unique. He dismissed harm to the Plaintiff, Robinson, observing that he is no likelier hurt than any random citizen or voter because while he is a potential elector, he is the elector for an obscure 3rd party candidate.

So, there you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections