Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

Warren Buffett is a Dem. and Obama likes to mention his name....

Warren Buffett is a great guy and a very smart one and an example for many of us, but also a hypocrite.

Buffett owns (just a few examples): Dairy Queen, Cort furniture, broker offices, Berkshire..., Geiko, and on and on....

So Buffett makes money when the average Joe eats an ice cream, rents his furniture, buys homes, gets insurance, etc....

So Buffett likes to be friends with all the people who are spending money on stuff he owns...so Buffett gets richer and richer.....so for Buffett (and many others who are making so much money on the average Joe) to say he is a Rep. would be bad for his business...so he claims to be a Dem. who doesn't care to pay more taxes...of course it doesn't matter for a person worth so much money to pay a little bit more and Buffett has shown to be a very generous guy, but most of all he is damn smart!

I don't mind him making tons of money which is the American dream for many of us....but please don't claim to be a Obama fan, since we all know he doesn't agree on many fronts with him.

Buffett just wants to be populair which he already is and he makes tons of money of all of us and I'm glad to buy his products although my insurance is way cheaper for the same coverage so I didn't go with Geiko (I have to be smart too).

I wish Buffett would be honest about the rest of the issues and not just take the easy way to be populair...other wise he would be the greatest business man ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
*L* This is quite possibly your worst post ever. My favorite parts was this: "to say he is a Rep. would be bad for his business." All those poor Republican CEOs, current president, and hedge fund managers who are persecuted for their Republican politics. *L*

Old 10-25-2008, 09:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Warren Buffett is a Dem. and Obama likes to mention his name....

Warren Buffett is a great guy and a very smart one and an example for many of us, but also a hypocrite.

Buffett owns (just a few examples): Dairy Queen, Cort furniture, broker offices, Berkshire..., Geiko, and on and on....

So Buffett makes money when the average Joe eats an ice cream, rents his furniture, buys homes, gets insurance, etc....

So Buffett likes to be friends with all the people who are spending money on stuff he owns...so Buffett gets richer and richer.....so for Buffett (and many others who are making so much money on the average Joe) to say he is a Rep. would be bad for his business...so he claims to be a Dem. who doesn't care to pay more taxes...of course it doesn't matter for a person worth so much money to pay a little bit more and Buffett has shown to be a very generous guy, but most of all he is damn smart!

I don't mind him making tons of money which is the American dream for many of us....but please don't claim to be a Obama fan, since we all know he doesn't agree on many fronts with him.

Buffett just wants to be populair which he already is and he makes tons of money of all of us and I'm glad to buy his products although my insurance is way cheaper for the same coverage so I didn't go with Geiko (I have to be smart too).

I wish Buffett would be honest about the rest of the issues and not just take the easy way to be populair...other wise he would be the greatest business man ever!
Buffett thinks rich people should pay more taxes. In fact, he thinks Obama's tax plan doesn't tax rich people enough.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Buffett thinks rich people should pay more taxes. In fact, he thinks Obama's tax plan doesn't tax rich people enough.
Wrong, Buffet thinks corporations should not pay taxes, and with Obamas $3,000 credit per employee that works for Buffet, that would surly cut down that $7 BILLION in taxes Hathoway (Buffets Company) paid in taxes

Old 10-25-2008, 11:14 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,186 times
Quote:
Wrong, Buffet thinks corporations should not pay taxes, and with Obamas $3,000 credit per employee that works for Buffet, that would surly cut down that $7 BILLION in taxes Hathoway (Buffets Company) paid in taxes
So you are now saying Obama's tax plan will be good for business. Interesting considering your previous posts on the subject.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,186 times
"Buffett favors higher taxes on both income and wealth. His writings call for higher income taxes at the corporate level and more progressive income taxes at the personal level."

Warren Buffett's Tax Fetish - Forbes.com

Old 10-25-2008, 11:42 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
I truly admire Warren Buffett and I will explain why. The guy is a billionaire, yet he is one of the most down to Earth people you will ever meet. Even with all the money he has made, he still lives in a very modest home and drives an used Lincoln. I think about him everytime I see some fake 30 K millionaire dumbass driving a luxury vehicle, thinking that they are so hot and mighty. I wish more Americans understood the simple philosophy of "living within your means". If I can call anybody a role model, Warren Buffett is my role model.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
"Buffett favors higher taxes on both income and wealth. His writings call for higher income taxes at the corporate level and more progressive income taxes at the personal level."

Warren Buffett's Tax Fetish - Forbes.com

Thanks, Scarlet.

Now where did pghquest run off to, I wonder. . . .?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections