Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 PM

838 posts, read 922,227 times

Advertisements

Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy. Most live much longer than past generations due to modern medicine; antibiotics, universal precautions, surgical procedures, etc. In Asia for example you do not joke about the elderly, they have respect. McCain still looks young except for hair color, even his mother at age 96 looks terrific. You get the feeling that most here are way under age 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
It is not right to mock anyone...older folks, women, people of different faiths...you name it.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 PM

195 posts, read 515,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
It is not right to mock anyone...older folks, women, people of different faiths...you name it.
Political Part too. You are right!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
no Sometimes the elderly or elders are not deserving of any respect at all.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-25-2008 at 09:28 PM..

Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
Political Part too. You are right!
haha, figures I forget the most relevant one. thanks for adding it though.

Might as well throw in educational level, place of residence, and economic status too.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 PM

195 posts, read 515,388 times
Quote:
haha, figures I forget the most relevant one. thanks for adding it though.

Might as well throw in educational level, place of residence, and economic status too.
The list goes on and on LOL. In this forum it seems the party you favor is attcked the most.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
If McCains 96 yo mother died would he then drop his bid for Pres?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:47 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy. Most live much longer than past generations due to modern medicine; antibiotics, universal precautions, surgical procedures, etc. In Asia for example you do not joke about the elderly, they have respect. McCain still looks young except for hair color, even his mother at age 96 looks terrific. You get the feeling that most here are way under age 40.
Well, actually I'm not much younger than McCain. That is part of the reason I KNOW he shouldn't be president. I'm realistic about my age. I think I still retain enough intelligence to handle life pretty well but I also know that it takes me a bit longer to access my memory bank than it did a few years ago. I am reasonably healthy and active but I know that I tire much more quickly and ache a great deal more than I did a few years ago. I also have less paitence and have a hard time suffering fools gladly and so am not nearly as diplomatic as I was a few years ago. In short, while I am certainly not ready to be put out to pasture quite yet, I am also not right for the constant strain and ongoing rigors that would be required of a president of the U.S. I think you only have to look at the McCain of 2000 and the McCain of 2008 to see what I mean.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, actually I'm not much younger than McCain. That is part of the reason I KNOW he shouldn't be president. I'm realistic about my age. I think I still retain enough intelligence to handle life pretty well but I also know that it takes me a bit longer to access my memory bank than it did a few years ago. I am reasonably healthy and active but I know that I tire much more quickly and ache a great deal more than I did a few years ago. I also have less paitence and have a hard time suffering fools gladly and so am not nearly as diplomatic as I was a few years ago. In short, while I am certainly not ready to be put out to pasture quite yet, I am also not right for the constant strain and ongoing rigors that would be required of a president of the U.S. I think you only have to look at the McCain of 2000 and the McCain of 2008 to see what I mean.
For you it might be a drastic change because you have not been a senator for years and had that stress to deal with. As I imagine being president is pretty stressful, the life of a senator probably helps with a gradual easing into and learning to deal with that level of stress.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
For you it might be a drastic change because you have not been a senator for years and had that stress to deal with. As I imagine being president is pretty stressful, the life of a senator probably helps with a gradual easing into and learning to deal with that level of stress.

So you see no difference between John McCain 2000 and John McCain 2008?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections