Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,666 times

Advertisements

Wow...that is incredible news! Whether or not people believe that this is a respectable news source or not, this is Palin's OWN state where she is the Gov. and that is a big statement in my opinion. You would think all of the AK newspapers would be endorsing someone running for VP in their own state to express their support for them. That's got to hurt.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Wow, the Anchorage endorsement is amazing. But, when I saw the list, I was amazed that the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram endorsed Obama. Talk about conservative papers! If anyone has the link to those editorials, I would love to read them.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times
Default Alaska's Largest Newspaper Endorses...

Sen. Obama.

Obama for president: Opinion | adn.com

Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Those gotcha media liberal elites.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Since Bush was in charge of all the federal regulatory agencies responsible for oversight of the financial markets, one would hope that he'd have been more presidential and directed them to act in a prudent manner instead jus giving lip service to this looming disaster.

The fact that he did nothing but allow further deregulation speaks volumes, I'd say.

Actions do speak louder than words. Bush is a big boy now. He shouldn't need to be told this. Neither should you.

Maybe the people at Freddie and Fannie see Obama as the better choice for straightening out this mess.

As far as bad advice, ever heard of Phil Gramm? He's a former senator from Texas, who is probably the one individual most responsible for the deregulatory disaster we've seen unfolding.

He's a big pal of McCain's. And his former top economic advisor. Is your memory long enough to recall the "nation of whiners" remark last summer? That's the guy.

McCain guru linked to subprime crisis - Lisa Lerer - Politico.com

No, you'll have to find other justifications for your phoney outrage.
Are you truly that biased that you would totally ignore fact for your fantasy?

Never mind your facts come from news sources now I understand why. Maybe one day you will get to see the whole picture instead of the picture your news source guides you to see.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:01 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
"Sen. McCain describes himself as a maverick, by which he seems to mean that he spent 25 years trying unsuccessfully to persuade his own party to follow his bipartisan, centrist lead. Sadly, maverick John McCain didn't show up for the campaign. Instead we have candidate McCain, who embraces the extreme Republican orthodoxy he once resisted and cynically asks Americans to buy for another four years...

Gov. Palin...despite her formidable gifts, few who have worked closely with the governor would argue she is truly ready to assume command of the most important, powerful nation on earth. To step in and juggle the demands of an economic meltdown, two deadly wars and a deteriorating climate crisis would stretch the governor beyond her range. Like picking Sen. McCain for president, putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time."

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
I don't got as minute believe it would happen but, how cool would it be if Alaska turned blue!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
"Sen. McCain describes himself as a maverick, by which he seems to mean that he spent 25 years trying unsuccessfully to persuade his own party to follow his bipartisan, centrist lead. Sadly, maverick John McCain didn't show up for the campaign. Instead we have candidate McCain, who embraces the extreme Republican orthodoxy he once resisted and cynically asks Americans to buy for another four years...

Gov. Palin...despite her formidable gifts, few who have worked closely with the governor would argue she is truly ready to assume command of the most important, powerful nation on earth. To step in and juggle the demands of an economic meltdown, two deadly wars and a deteriorating climate crisis would stretch the governor beyond her range. Like picking Sen. McCain for president, putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time."
I concur

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
It wasn't just the endorsement it is what they said as well. I guess perhaps if people don't want to get what others get about Palin you may listen to those he knew her first. She isn;t ready

Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Dont care. Unlike the obvious liberals who continue to post everytime someone proclaims their support for Obama, I dont need a newspaper or a movie star to tell me how to vote. Thanks for sharing, it was interesting, yeah, really interesting.. About as interesting as the Berry for Obama thread. Atleast that one had a hot pic to look at while I read through all the bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections