Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiccanways View Post
I suggest therapy because no one in their right mind would ever vote McCain/Palin.
Ah, Liberalism.
Gotta love it.
Either you're with them, or you're sick and evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 05:55 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
3 of them were present the day McCain officially tapped Pailin for VP, she brought them up in her speech and pointed them out, they got a standing ovation.
Guess I missed that, thanks for the info.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:55 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Obama is the only HOPE for our future as a successful America.
Many of us are already succeeding here.
Blaming your failures on a president, or waiting for a new president to turn your failures into success, just isn't the answer.

If you open your eyes and you don't see success all around you, don't look at your government. Look in your mirror. That's where you will find the person who did you wrong.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Many of us are already succeeding here.
Blaming your failures on a president, or waiting for a new president to turn your failures into success, just isn't the answer.

If you open your eyes and you don't see success all around you, don't look at your government. Look in your mirror. That's where you will find the person who did you wrong.
I SO agree! Why people think that the person elected president is some how going to "save" them from what ever hardships are in their lives, just amazes me. The person becomes the president of the US, that really only means that he becomes a figure head, it is those behind the scenes, such as congress that can actually do anything.
However some must believe that the president can make a HUGE difference.
Look around at what is going on. Bush has been in office the past almost 8 years, for the first 6 and half years or so, things were going pretty well at home, even though we keep a nervous eye on the war but once the candidates were picked, polls started coming in, economy took a HUGE nose dive.....correlation?
One thing I have found interesting and no one else seems to have commented on: Anyone else notice that the further ahead in the "polls" (I have no faith in them that is why it is in quotes) Obama gets, the worse the economy becomes? People are pulling money out of wall street faster and faster....correlation?
Seriously, take away what main stream media says, look at the over all picture of what has happened in the past 8 months in the political and economical world and the polls, correlation?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Obama is the only HOPE for our future as a successful America.
OMG!!This is giving me the chills!! Is there a place where I can buy a big huge portrait of Barack Obama to hang over my fireplace. Its going to be great..just great!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
I think that title would be closer to the task at hand if it read "The final week TO SAVE America"

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
It's 2 months and 1 week of freedom to go for all of US. After this, you will have all kinds of OBLIGATIONS under OBAMA. It's the patriotic thing to do to follow your OBLIGATIONS because you have practically given up your freedom with OBAMA.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
this is very good.there is much at stake in this election. GOP/DOD is making it too easy. i suspect tampering with the voting machines comin up soon. DOD stands to lose billions in contacts if we leave bagdad, i think they are going to play another card soon.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:10 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,682 times
Have you ever noticed how the wingnuts think they have to yell in order for anyone to hear it?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Now that we all know that the wrong ticket is obama/Biden lets be sure we get out and vote McCain/Palin!

as I write obama is still connected to a racist, terrorist and yes Acorn! Lets not forget the collapse of Wall street was obamas doing, thats the facts!!

McCain/Palin 2008
Just FYI: Throughout modern history, the anti-party never wins. You might want to rework your speech there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections