Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 11:13 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,366 times

Advertisements

You mean Obama could restart the race riots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 PM

18,924 posts, read 43,225,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they're not. Obama's house is much larger at over 5,000 sq ft. The suburban home is about 4,000 sq ft.

My argument is that for homes of equal valuation (real estate tax bills are computed on the valuation), suburban homeowners pay much higher real estate taxes to fund their schools while Chicago homeowners pay a lower real estate tax bill because they benefit from a 30% school district budget subsidy paid by state taxpayers.

Obama is flat out wrong in claiming that 'white' suburban taxpayers don't want to pay for inner-city schools because they ALREADY DO. Meanwhile, Chicago residents like himself are the ones who really don't pay their full share; they only pay 70%.

Furthermore, the 'white' was completely unnecessary, and is nothing more than Obama race-baiting and displaying his antipathy toward 'whites.'
Honestly, if people in the suburbs would start voting like the people in the rest of the state some of that might could be changed. As long as they keep voting the same way people in the city do they will keep getting shafted.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I could say the same thing to the 91% of black people who backed Obama simply because he was black in the primaries, and the 94% of black people who are supporting him in the general election because he is black. What if 94% of white people supported McCain, would you cry racist then too?
I know you keep repeating the same thing hoping it's true. You can't provide a link because it's not true.

88-92% of blacks have voted for the Democratic candidate over the past 16 years. It didn't just start now with Obama, you really should do some research before posting nonsense.

It may be what you believe in your mind to be true, but the facts don't support the picture you are trying to paint.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I know you keep repeating the same thing hoping it's true. You can't provide a link because it's not true.

88-92% of blacks have voted for the Democratic candidate over the past 16 years. It didn't just start now with Obama, you really should do some research before posting nonsense.

It may be what you believe in your mind to be true, but the facts don't support the picture you are trying to paint.

Shucks, only 80% against Hitlery AND Edwards and I think they're both lowly democrats. Gee, isn't Edwards from one of them thar Carolinas himself? When one votes for his own race BECAUSE of color that "might" border racism especially when his only qualification might be because he's an ambidextrous wiper. He of no experience surely isn't getting the nod on good judgment or leadership.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Shucks, only 80% against Hitlery AND Edwards and I think they're both lowly democrats. Gee, isn't Edwards from one of them thar Carolinas himself? When one votes for his own race BECAUSE of color that "might" border racism especially when his only qualification might be because he's an ambidextrous wiper. He of no experience surely isn't getting the nod on good judgment or leadership.
Again, just because YOU think that it may be racisim Wings, doesn't mean it is...You may not think he's not the best person for the job, but that doesn't mean that he isn't.

I stand by what I said in responding to the post, some people keep repeating the same garbage because THEY believe it's true, when the real facts prove otherwise.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Again, just because YOU think that it may be racisim Wings, doesn't mean it is...You may not think he's not the best person for the job, but that doesn't mean that he isn't.

I stand by what I said in responding to the post, some people keep repeating the same garbage because THEY believe it's true, when the real facts prove otherwise.
OK, show me a REAL concrete fact. I didn't like D. all the above mentioned but of the three weak amigos he has the least amount of **** on the ball. Just because YOU think he's the best doesn't mean he is.

Fact, 80% in SC alone and that's over a neighboring ex senator and wife of the first black president.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
OK, show me a REAL concrete fact. I didn't like D. all the above mentioned but of the three weak amigos he has the least amount of **** on the ball. Just because YOU think he's the best doesn't mean he is.

Fact, 80% in SC alone and that's over a neighboring ex senator and wife of the first black president.
Wings, i've posted links and other information in the past showing data over the last 16 years the numbers I have mentioned, you have chosen to ignore them so i'm not posting them again. If you would like to see them, you are more than welcome to use the search function.

I know that is much more difficult to do than believing your own lies.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I don't know of any boy in this race. There's a 76 year old man and a 47 year old man. Is there a third party kid who's running in your state?
McCain is now 76? Oh you mean after his tenure as president? As Biden said, the boy can come back in 8 years.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Wings, i've posted links and other information in the past showing data over the last 16 years the numbers I have mentioned, you have chosen to ignore them so i'm not posting them again. If you would like to see them, you are more than welcome to use the search function.

I know that is much more difficult to do than believing your own lies.
IOW, you ain't got ****, didn't think so. 80% of the least educated lowest rung of society vote one reason and one reason only. It's not that hard to figure, it may be hard for you to admit, understandable.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,144,008 times
Ignoring racism in this country isn't going to solve anything. Alot of people on this thread is trying to be Politically Correct(PC) about it and acting like it don't exist. I think the OP isn't racist and he did put up a valid question. Unfortunely, there are some people that are not voting for Obama, because of his skin color or race. This election proves it that there are racist/prejudice people in this country, especially with all the Muslim/Arab insults at Mccain/Palin rallies. Colin Powell said it himself about the prejudice in this country when he was discussing about endorsing Obama and the insults toward Arabs/Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections