Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

I was denied entry into the highschool of my choice because of the color of my skin.
I was denied a job I was more qualified for because of the color of my skin.
I have been dealing with this almost my entire life, when will this change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
First of all Obama is not black. He is 1/2 black and 1/2 white. And since he was raised primarily on the white side of his family, you could argue that he is even more than 1/2 white!
Secondly, if we were scared of him, why are so many of us working hard to elect him? If you are near Georgia, I invite you to come to the Cobb Obama offices on East West Connector or in Marietta where you will see that 4 of every 5 volunteers here are white!
Yes, technically Obama is biracial, but Obama has made it very clear that he views himself as a black man (read "Dreams from My Father") and as a result of his marriage to Michelle, his family is unmistakably a black family that looks no different from many other black families in America.

So I find it interesting that you felt the need to highlight his mixed race heritage to make your point and go even further to suggest that he is more white than black because of the side of the family who raised him. Do you feel whites, like the ones who are volunteering for him in Marietta, find it easier to support him because you view and see him as one of your own racially?

Are you suggesting that the level of support from whites would be less if he were not mixed race but instead came from two black parents?

Last edited by TheRealAngelion; 10-26-2008 at 10:03 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Yes they do. The question is WHO are they promising it to? Mc Cain is promising it to the rich; Obama to the poor and middle class. Where do you fall in?
I fall into the category of people who don't believe the promises of any politician. They are all bought and paid for by special interests. We will see who Obama represents only after (and if) he is elected. McCain is the same.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Who said I'm blaming my problems on "the White Man"? But then, there are a majority of White people running the government and the government is why we are in this mess. So who should I blame?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 AM

917 posts, read 2,299,304 times
Well I'm white and have already voted for Obama. I would be VERY afraid if McCain were to win. Also my white husband and 5 white kids who are voting age are voting for Obama!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The only white people that are scared are the stupid, and the bigoted ones, but sadly there are a lot of them.
I admit that I am somewhat alarmed by people that consider me stupid and bigoted because I don't agree with their point of view.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
I know that in the past and even still today, White people have not treated Black people well and have made it as difficult as possible for us to succeed. But we have perserved and a good number of us have achieved great success. And now a Black man is on the verge of accomplishing the greatest level of success in this country: becoming President of the USA.

Why does this scare White people so much? Do you think that once Barack Obamam becomes President we'll treat you the way you have treated us? That's not the plan. There is NO Black vs. White plan. There is NO get back at Whitey plan. The only plan Obama has is to clean-up the Bush mess and get this country back on track.

Close your eyes and don't see a Black man: If a White man were saying these things, would you vote for him?

YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE OBAMA'S AGAIN by race baiting.
The Obama's are a RACE BAITER!!!!!

Obama is the one DIVIDING the country and keeps bringing up race. We will have an UNENDING CIVIL unrest when he becomes president because OBAMA keeps pushing on race inequality.
We do not need a president who looks at race and who favors one race.
We need a president who is skin color blind!!!!

I don't even look at race when I deal with people.
I look at them as humans and that's it.

OBAMA is inciting race violence!!! People will hate each other because of their race!!!!

Now, I know why there is SO MUCH hatred during this election.

When BUSH appointed Condi, Clarence and Colin Powell in TOP positions, it was NOTHING, there were treated like HUMANS. These three didn't go around preaching "WE GOTTA HAVE THEM BLACK PEOPLE IN TOP POSITIONS."

No one cared about their COLOR!!!!! And the three were great!!!!

There are many BLACK people who run for office and the people VOTE for them. These BLACK people never engage in race baiting.

But Obama cares about the race and keeps bringing up how WHITEY is bad to the BLACK people.

HE IS DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY!!!!!

And when he becomes president, he will DIVIDE the COUNTRY MORE!!!!!

He is the one inciting racism!!!!!

OBAMA needs to get rid of HIS BITTERNESS against WHITE people.
He needs to not dwell on this.

We used to get along in our area. 100% of the people ignore the color of the skin. Then OBAMA comes along and shakes everything up. Now there is tension. That's B.S.!!!!! We don't need this!!!! We are going to go back 50 years with OBAMA on race relations and many minorities will be discriminated against again. I don't want this B.S.!!!!

If he wants to help BLACK people, get them educated and get them good jobs.
Get them to be like Condi, Powell and Thomas.
His JOB with acorn was to get people with bad credit and those who can't afford homes a loan.

See this video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmL-lXNy64 ---

That's not going to help them????
He is not solving the core problem. He needs to teach this people with bad credit and with no money
to be responsible with their careers and finances.

THE ONE WORD THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF OBAMA'S VOCABULARY IS RACE!!!! And anything related to it.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Who said I'm blaming my problems on "the White Man"? But then, there are a majority of White people running the government and the government is why we are in this mess. So who should I blame?
The special interest groups that control all of those corrupt politicians regardless of race. They use race to divide and control us (only one of many methods).

Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I was denied entry into the highschool of my choice because of the color of my skin.
I was denied a job I was more qualified for because of the color of my skin.
I have been dealing with this almost my entire life, when will this change?

YouTube - My message to African American Democrats

Old 10-26-2008, 10:03 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:

Why not blame the persons who pushed for laws and policies that effect you adversely, no matter what color they are?
Why does it have to do with color at all?
By you pointing out that the majority of people running the gov are white, you are making it a race thing. You don't want to be judged by the color of your skin, but yet you seem to have no issue judging others by the color of their skin. Hmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections