Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I can't wait until Nobama wins. His election will mean I can quit my job and expect a check in the mail each month.

It will be hard for me to learn that staying at home, not pulling my weight and otherwise being a drain on society is the way of the future but what the heck I am willing to give it a try.

Luckily we have all these fine Democrats on board who have done a fine job of showing us hardworking Americans how to get something for nothing.

Just think, every week is a week of leisure, no more commutes to work. No stress trying to pay the bills. Nobama will be there to take care of me.

I will say I am a little worried that Nobama will turn over the US to the UN but why should I care as long as I get my handout, er, check.
Glad to see you'll be leaving the work force. That means your job can go to one of the MILLIONS of Americans who want to work but have lost their jobs because of Bush's massive mismanagement of the country and the economy.

Ken

Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Glad to see you'll be leaving the work force. That means your job can go to one of the MILLIONS of Americans who want to work but have lost their jobs because of Bush's massive mismanagement of the country and the economy.

Ken
Could not have said it better!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
Just to be safe, color dye all your white shirts with brown dye. To be safe. Maybe get some black arm bands with a big 0 and wear one on yer sleeve. Maybe just an 000 on yer fore head. That probly make you leader in one of the re-education camps.

About the 401k's. Yeah, if 0 is elected then kill those things. You should be able to convert them to IRA's without penalty.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,025 times
Quote:
Silly. Since Obama is communist, that means we'll all have to work in the rice paddies all day. Also, since he's Muslim, we'll have to all wear turbans while doing it. Don't you people know ANYTHING?!?
Hilarious! Where do I pick up my burqa on November 5th! I can't wait - no more wardrobe decisions!

I will start stocking up on toilet paper now - I hear that waiting line is really long!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,025 times
Quote:
ROTFLMAO. I would not guarantee that you wouldn't get laid off, BUT I can pretty much assure you that the Obama regime will get you laid on.
Laid on? What does that mean? Is it fun?

Seriously, a McCain election would not send the world markets into an upswing. He's done nothing to inspire anyone outside of the crazy fundie Jerry Springer crowd here in the States. I'm not the only one who thinks an Obama election would be our only hope. My work colleagues come from all over the planet. I talk to them daily. Believe me, a McCain election would be seen as a disaster. My company, which employs 22,000 people, cannot be the only one who is waiting until November 5th to see if they'll be laying people off or not.

So when you say an Obama election will not guarantee me a job, in my case, you're flat-out wrong. It's a fact. I don't know for certain if it's a fact for other companies, but it is absolutely the case with mine.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,705 times
Quote:
I can't wait until Nobama wins. His election will mean I can quit my job and expect a check in the mail each month.

It will be hard for me to learn that staying at home, not pulling my weight and otherwise being a drain on society is the way of the future but what the heck I am willing to give it a try.

Luckily we have all these fine Democrats on board who have done a fine job of showing us hardworking Americans how to get something for nothing.

Just think, every week is a week of leisure, no more commutes to work. No stress trying to pay the bills. Nobama will be there to take care of me.

I will say I am a little worried that Nobama will turn over the US to the UN but why should I care as long as I get my handout, er, check.
rainbows and pixie dust everyday as well..I can't wait..Its going to be just great!!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:

Repeating thread,same crap.A waste of bandwidth

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,302 times
Quote:
I'm sure it won't be too hard for McDonald's to find your replacement.

Quote:
You already sound like a drain, what will be different?

Quote:
Well at least the 'hardworking' Americans will get SOMETHING for once, rather than more McBush economics for the uber-rich.

Quote:
I know 'turn over the US' is something you talk-radiots are told by Hannity and Limbaugh...But what exactly does that mean?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
Quote:

On a side note I'm going to give this ideology a shot in other areas:

My animals will now be trained with treats but instead of giving them treats for doing what I want I will give them treats for them doing what they want.

My children will do whatever they want and the less they do the more allowance I will give them.

I'm going to request my job give bonuses to the poorest performing locations in hopes they will achieve more.

The liberal's mind

http://www.ctj.org/pdf/presidential2008.pdf

Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:

Hopefully we will also concentrate on public education and provide for all our schools the ability to deliver better educations to their students so less people will end up sounding like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections