U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 PM

16,101 posts, read 16,080,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Let's all say this together. PALIN is NOT THE PROBLEM. The candidate is.
One of the reasons the ADN gave for not supporting McCain was Palin.

Quote:
Yet despite her formidable gifts, few who have worked closely with the governor would argue she is truly ready to assume command of the most important, powerful nation on earth. To step in and juggle the demands of an economic meltdown, two deadly wars and a deteriorating climate crisis would stretch the governor beyond her range. Like picking Sen. McCain for president, putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:01 PM

11,128 posts, read 8,718,869 times
I bet McCain pulls AZ out by the hair of his chinny chin chin. However, I suspect he will lose in Nevada and possibly even Montana which six months ago someone suggested it would be this close, would have been called a dreamer.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 PM

683 posts, read 1,793,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Hmmm, I expect McCain to win Arizona. . . but it's interesting, driving around Phoenix these past couple of weeks. There are a few McCain bumper stickers out there. . . perhaps not quite as many as the Obama stickers, but NOTHING LIKE IN FORMER YEARS, when it was obvious that AZ was solidly a republican state! Ditto with yard signs. . . a few for McCain, a few more for Obama. Note, this is not an official count, just my observations. I live in a suburban (and wealthy) area of town. Only 2 political signs on my street, both for Obama. So, although I do not expect Az to "turn blue" this time, I will be intrested to see how the vote breaks down. . . I'm thinking in the area of 51 / 49, and would be delighted if I was wrong, and many more folks are voting for Obama than can be expected from past performance.
There's an interesting story in today's edition of the Arizona Daily Star about this. It may just be a matter of time before Arizona goes from Red to Blue.

Red, but how long? | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/264209 - broken link)

Old 10-26-2008, 07:32 PM

552 posts, read 716,511 times
The neighborhood I live in in Tucson has Obama/Biden signs all over the place and not a single McCain/Palin one. That said, I believe this state will be McCain's.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,765,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
The neighborhood I live in in Tucson has Obama/Biden signs all over the place and not a single McCain/Palin one. That said, I believe this state will be McCain's.
My inlaws are in Tucson. They say the same. I think McCain will carry Arizona, but his coattails are short and dems may pick up some congressional seats this time around. The NYT ran an article on this today:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/us...gewanted=print

Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM

2,868 posts, read 6,257,331 times
Default Is McCain losing his own state???

Poor guy...He should just pack it up already and call it a day!

Could McCain lose his home state? - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,782,821 times
Yeah, McCain is pretty well known as someone who has no persistence and quits when things get difficult.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 PM

12,212 posts, read 6,370,280 times
I'll bet that this campaign has made both Palin and McCain a brand new set of unhappy constituents in their home states after spending it almost entirely in the gutter

Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM

8,489 posts, read 11,356,826 times
There was already a thread on this.

This poll was done by a Democratic group not a regular polling organization.

Every other poll has him up from anywhere from 7% to 21%

Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM

2,868 posts, read 6,257,331 times
Just sayin'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections