U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Just sayin'...
Just saying what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:47 PM

1,964 posts, read 1,567,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'll bet that this campaign has made both Palin and McCain a brand new set of unhappy constituents in their home states after spending it almost entirely in the gutter
I would be one of those unhappy constituents.

Granted, given that Hillary or Obama were going to be nominated, I never had any intention of voting for McCain, but he has increasingly become more and more of an embarrassment among many of us here in Phoenix. His mud-slinging bashfest of a campaign has left many of us with little interest in just about anything he or his moronic bimbo of a running mate says these days.

Given the fact that every single person in my family who lives in Arizona is voting for Obama, and I certainly know many more people who're voting for Obama than I know who're voting for McCain, I'd guess that it's entirely possible that Obama is more popular here in Arizona. He definitely is more popular among my friends and family, and I have a pretty diverse group of friends...

Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM

8,761 posts, read 4,734,208 times
It wouldn't be the first time for this to happen, Gore didn't carry his own state and neither did John Edwards.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM

683 posts, read 1,700,179 times
[quote=Politico;5868279].....he has increasingly become more and more of an embarrassment among many of us here in Phoenix. His mud-slinging bashfest of a campaign has left many of us with little interest in just about anything he or his moronic bimbo of a running mate says these days.[quote]

I've voted for McCain every time he's run for the Senate. Never again. I'll probably vote for the candidate that runs against him. He's not the same man I voted for. And it's a shame, I think he would have made a fine President eight years ago.

The changes I've seen in McCain over the last year make me wonder if there might be some kind of medical problem we don't know about yet.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 PM

8,761 posts, read 4,734,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Hmmm, I expect McCain to win Arizona. . . but it's interesting, driving around Phoenix these past couple of weeks. There are a few McCain bumper stickers out there. . . perhaps not quite as many as the Obama stickers, but NOTHING LIKE IN FORMER YEARS, when it was obvious that AZ was solidly a republican state! Ditto with yard signs. . . a few for McCain, a few more for Obama. Note, this is not an official count, just my observations. I live in a suburban (and wealthy) area of town. Only 2 political signs on my street, both for Obama. So, although I do not expect Az to "turn blue" this time, I will be intrested to see how the vote breaks down. . . I'm thinking in the area of 51 / 49, and would be delighted if I was wrong, and many more folks are voting for Obama than can be expected from past performance.

I don't know if the absense of signs and stickers is indicative of anything this time. I live in state that has McCain up by 16 points and in an area of a city that is middle/upper middle class and very Republican and I don't see many McCain/Palin signs, although more this past few days. In the past Bush signs were in almost every yard in my neighborhood. I heard the signs were in short supply and hard to get for a while but they have more now. I haven't really asked about any so I don't know.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM

4,635 posts, read 4,401,603 times
Clip:
And in McCain's home state, surrogate and fellow Arizona Republican Sen. Jon Kyl all but threw in the towel today, saying, "Unfortunately, I think John McCain might be added to that long list of Arizonans who ran for president but were never elected. Maybe we'll be able to say Arizona's the only state where your child can't grow up to be president. Let's hope that doesn't happen."
Gameday - Politico.com

Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM

23,261 posts, read 14,827,757 times
Question Just more ads

The large Arizona Republic Newspaper (they call it a news paper anyway) has endorsed John McCain for president. However it has also been noticed that the full page beer and liquor ads in the paper have increased over the last several weeks. I donít know if it has anything to do with Cindy McCain and her payment for those ads or not, just wondering.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:08 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,125,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Arizona will go to McCain, hands down. I think even suggesting or debating it might lean to Obama is empty hopes and dreams.
Arizona will be going for McCain but the embrassing part is New Mexico the next next door neighbor and California are both dedicated Obama all the way! and well lets just say probably colorado too, and oh i forgot Nevada!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,256,938 times
The GOP and it's fan base need not fret, your pain and agony will end in about, what, 8 days or so? Just a few days to go, guys...

Old 10-26-2008, 10:50 PM

8,233 posts, read 7,351,276 times
This was in the New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/us...rizona.html?em

Obama has narrowed McCain's lead in AZ, but I doubt if he'll win the electoral votes.

This is the reason McCain/Palin will lose.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/742718.html (broken link)

When people have the nerve to say

" We are the real Americans, and folks who support Barack Obama aren't "

that says to me they aren't real Americans! John McCain fought for our country and was tortured, but what he is preaching is not what he suffered for so many years ago.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-26-2008 at 11:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections