Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 03:46 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,490,117 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know there was already a thread on Spreading the Wealth, but when McCain has a problem with Obama's trying to give the Middle Class tax cuts, and taxing the rich more, McCain doesn't seem to have a problem with bailing out the rich.

Isn't THAT spreading the wealth to the wealth??

It seems to me, that a tax on the very wealthy would just undo the taxcut that Bush gave them before.

Because we all know when they get tax cuts, the rich don't sit there and try to find ways to help us in the Middle Class.

It was insulting when Bush tried to sell us that.

The argument that the rich will create new jobs, well...those jobs are overseas, and the very rich have NO vested interests in what is happening in America, because they can go live in Denmark or Madagascar and escape to whatever.

I am always appalled that anyone really believes that giving tax cuts to the rich is going to jumpstart the American economy.

Just like Bush's "Economic Incentive" check to us all...who didn't pay a bill or buy food with it? I would imagine some did go buy a new plasma TV, oh wait, you need more than $600...

It isn't capitalism that is bad. It is the MORAL FIBER AND CHARACTER AND INTERESTS of those who have the wealth and the power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections