Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,558,826 times

Advertisements

voting third party in NC actually hurts McCain because here in Greensboro the only 3rd party candidate on the ballot was Bob Barr. He is notorious for stealing away republican votes. If such a large voting block voted for the Bob Barr, that tells me alot of republicans voted for him. (repubs that dont want four more years of Bush policies but are not confident in Obama) Bob Barr could easily become the spoiler for the GOP in NC the way Raplh Nadar was the spoiler for the democrats in Florida back in 2000. Most agree that if Ralph Nadar had not run, Al Gore would have been president. (which means we would not have been in the economic mess we are in today) The more people vote for Obama and Bob Barr, the better chances for Obama taking North Carolina on November 4th Because a vote for Bob Barr is actually a vote for Barack Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Looks like Bob Barr could have a significant result on Georgia's outcome as well. If you look at the numbers on Pollster.com he still has a fairly significant polling ratio which tightens the race in an interesting way.
Bob Barr is on the ballot in Pennsylvania too. So I guess McCain can forget about turning PA red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times
I see the news and observer is still grasping at straws as always and it teamed up with the number one straw grasper this year:

In today’s New York Times, reprinted in The News and Observer, a story appeared about voter
registration that lumped North Carolina in with other states that were allegedly following
incorrect procedures that might prejudice voters in the November elections. Although no
specific irregularities were mentioned with respect to North Carolina, the articles contend that
voters here may be disenfranchised. This is simply untrue.
No reporter for either publication contacted any one in this office to verify North Carolina’s
procedures. Nor did the Commissioner of the Social SecurityAdministration contact us before he
released his allegations that North Carolina may be preventing voters from registering; instead he
sent a letter to the Secretary of State, who does not administer elections in North Carolina, and
we had to obtain a copy from a national organization.

http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/getdocument.aspx?id=1294

Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I see the news and observer is still grasping at straws as always and it teamed up with the number one straw grasper this year
Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread.

Your data as well as the corresponding comments appear to be entirely out of place and have no relevance to the thread topic nor the article linked as a source.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread.

Your data as well as the corresponding comments appear to be entirely out of place and have no relevance to the thread topic nor the article linked as a source.
Like this post?

Quote:
200,000 fake voters? Please provide a link to the source to substantiate this claim. I'm certain we're equally interested in the 4000 felon claim as well, particularly when a professional who provides data and statistics makes it. I'm not certain when the last Florida Election was; however, if 4000 folks voted illegally it will certainly be interesting to understand how the election law was circumvented, and if safeguards are now in place to prevent such a thing from recurring.

Do you believe that voter fraud poses a threat to the validity of American elections?

"No. No threat.
The statistics bear me out. From 2002 to 2005 only one person was found guilty of registration fraud. Twenty people were found guilty of voting while ineligible and five people were found guilty of voting more than once. That’s 26 criminal voters -- voters who vote twice, impersonate other people, vote without being a resident -- the voters that Republicans warn about. Meanwhile thousands of people are getting turned away at the polls."
SOURCE

Under the “Voting Rights Act of 1965,” the Department of Justice’s Voting Section is legally bound to stop “voting practices and procedures ... that discriminate on the basis of race, color or membership in a language minority group.”

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Like this post?
No. Like your post.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 AM

Hypocritical lately?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Hypocritical lately?
Your ability to provide a constant source of amusement remains strong...Please continue.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Ha, I agree ! I just skip over the weird conspiracy theory posts...

I'd rather read mystery novels...

Voted Saturday, go Obama! May you fare better than my Tampa Bay Rays.
Well I'm waiting for voting day as it is kind of a big event for this extremely rural area. One more excuse to get out and meet the neighbors so to speak.

I remember many a time sitting in the big sombrero with it either pouring rain or blistering flippin hot, watching those awful orange uniforms because people used to leave blocs of tickets on their windshield they were so bad.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You mean that shoe that many on City-Data have been promising for four months? You only have four more days until your time for an "October Surprise" has passoed .

To be honest I don't think if what has been brought out so far has not changed minds nothing will matter. He could be seen kissing Bin Laden on the cheek and it wouldn't matter to those who blindly support him.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
As of Tuesday, just over 396,000 registered Republicans had cast early votes in North Carolina, compared with registered Democrats, who had cast 771,500 ballots -- nearly twice as many.
Polls show McCain and Obama are locked in a tight contest in the state. A CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corp. poll has Obama leading McCain by a mere 4 percentage points, 51 percent to 47 percent.
Voter Registration as of 10/30/2008 Democratic: 2,847,620 Republican: 1,994,263 Libertarian: 3,305 Unaffiliated: 1,387,042 Total: 6,232,230
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections