Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times

Advertisements

You all can thank Barney Frank and Obama for the lack of support your going to get Service men and women. They love your so much they are going to cut defense spending by 25%, while you try very hard to fight two wars, and support the country you love. That means many of you will come home in defeat rather than ion victory, that means your buddy who died did so for nothing in the eyes of Obama and Barney Frank. Thats means the services and support you are going to need when you come home may not be there.

I am sorry my fellow Service men and women. I welcome you home and wish you all the best.. I just wish it could of been on your terms and not some BLEEP BLEEP named Barney Frank and Obama's terms. You fought hard and now that you have a more stabalised region, one that needs your current support they are going to force you out.. and not only out of IRAQ but most likely out of the service too..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Muhnay, thanks for the sentiment. However, I'm all for military spending where it makes sense and cutting spending where it doesn't. Granted, everyone has their pet defense projects. But this discussion is more along the lines of the threads in "Politics and Other Controversies...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Being prepared for war is very different from going to war for the profit of the oil barons. We need to be able to defend ourselves not be the enforcers of an ill begotten empire. All the troops that have been killed and/or injured since before Viet Nam have died in vain because they were not defending our country but our financiers.

We can start our cuts by eliminating all funding of mercenary forces. They we can go after the no bid contractors. Next would be all the unnecessary foreign bases and all the rest of the trappings of empire. We could then spend some of the money taking care of the people injured in the name of defending our country.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
25% CUT IN MILITARY SPENDING? Only if McCant is elected! In fact chances are military families and war wounded will probsably benefit from Obama!

McCant will get us into another war~ and lead to more terrorism!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
I think that includes the 200 billion dollars for the war for a grand total of 750 billion dollars. Iraq won't sign off on any agreement for more permanent basing privileges. The Sunnis and Shiites are cutting off ties with the US military. The US needs to start make preparations to leave Iraq.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
know matter who is elected I won't suport cut backs in mailitary spending.I will never support this because we need to give our troops to have the best and that means continuing spending on new systems and training. My friends saw what cuts and lack of training did to european forces in the gulf war. I also suport increasing the pay of the military because they deserve it.Some play lip service and I wouldn't support them unless their vote there mouths.After the war I will ot suport a peace dividend that cuts the militray.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I think that includes the 200 billion dollars for the war for a grand total of 750 billion dollars. Iraq won't sign off on any agreement for more permanent basing privileges. The Sunnis and Shiites are cutting off ties with the US military. The US needs to start make preparations to leave Iraq.
They will leave Iraq and head straight for Afghanistan if they go anywhere...unfortunately. Obama stated this in the debate, that he would send the Iraq forces there.
Tex, I'm with you on full support for the families. Our men and women deserve all the support the homefront can give them.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
You all can thank Barney Frank and Obama for the lack of support your going to get Service men and women. They love your so much they are going to cut defense spending by 25%, while you try very hard to fight two wars, and support the country you love. That means many of you will come home in defeat rather than ion victory, that means your buddy who died did so for nothing in the eyes of Obama and Barney Frank. Thats means the services and support you are going to need when you come home may not be there.

I am sorry my fellow Service men and women. I welcome you home and wish you all the best.. I just wish it could of been on your terms and not some BLEEP BLEEP named Barney Frank and Obama's terms. You fought hard and now that you have a more stabilized region, one that needs your current support they are going to force you out.. and not only out of IRAQ but most likely out of the service too..
You're entitled to express your opinions and though I don't agree with some of them in this post, I do not resort to bashing the other side. As for Iraq being more stabilized, this is only temporary. Look back in history and you'll see a violent Mideast dating back thousands of years. When we do leave Iraq the three factions will each go their own way. The main reason will be their religion and the second will be oil. BTW, no foreign forces are tolerated forever. If you want to go after terrorists, due it surgically like Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections