Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM

658 posts, read 1,785,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
How about saying, "now now there's no need for racist remarks."
Exactly! I don't agree with McCain's ideals, but I don't think he would tolerate racial remarks at his rallies. Sarah stopped her speech to scream at a protestor during another rally, but yet she could not be bothered to do anything in this case?

I am seriously hope after November 4, this woman goes back to Alaska where the lower 48 do not have to hear about her ever again.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
When she is having a rally I just feel a little safer to know that all those hateful people are all together in one place and off the streets where they can do real harm. The Palin/McCain "better dead than red" campaign is totally off its track and is reduced to race baiting and chasing the "commies" and setting up paper dragons to slay. It is pathetic that McCain has allowed his legacy to be reduced to the politics of hatred. Palin is a familiar scene in American politics....playing to the meanest and lowest instincts of what ever crowd shows up. She really is a cheer leader and drum major for the wraiths from Hell.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't hear it.

But even if true, I would suspect that Obama supporters are infiltrating Palin rallies, screaming out-of-line comments in order for the media to continue this drumbeat of violent racists at their rallies. I wouldn't put anything past the bots.
Might help if you turn up the volume.

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
At least John McCain rebuffed the woman who called Obama an Arab. I've seen Palin recognize people from the audience during the campaign when they said something she agrees, or when she wants to make a point. She could have silenced the women, but she didn't.
I thought that was the most dignified moment of McCain's campaign. It's a shame it hasn't gotten more attention.

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
[mod cut] in case they didn't know, after the election, life as usual goes on. racism doesn't end, and neither does the internet. if you go looking for comments like that, you will find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Yeah, I heard it.
I also heard the "kill him" in the other video which the secret service apparently never heard.
Very ugly. Not to mention her ridiculous fearful communist manifesto.
I really appreciate one of the comments posted below the video:
And I quote the poster named Poisonous Dart:
I'll be glad when this election is over so I can be done with seeing just how backwards my country really is everyday on random YouTube clips.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What did you want her to do?
Be nice if that idiot would grow up and do at least what McCain did at a rally when some old dame said Obama was a Muslim. John McCain, bless him, stopped cold in his tracks and corrected her, on the spot, forcefully.

JM was a real man to call her on that lie and I appreciate him doing that. Palin is a total jerk to not call out the idiot who hollered.

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
I didn't hear it.

But even if true, I would suspect that Obama supporters are infiltrating Palin rallies, screaming out-of-line comments in order for the media to continue this drumbeat of violent racists at their rallies. I wouldn't put anything past the bots.
Really difficult for you to admit the truth isn't it.

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
I didn't hear it.

you hear only what your ears want to hear

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I thought that was the most dignified moment of McCain's campaign. It's a shame it hasn't gotten more attention.
I think it's gotten plenty of attention. Unfortunately, the republicans don't like to play it because he goes on to say that *gasp*, Barack Obama is a good family man and nobody needs to be afraid of him.

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
At least she refrained from smiling, giving a thumbs up, or a big WINK
Lol! Politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections