U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What about Obama?
Do you think that Obama is Truthful 10 37.04%
Do you think that Obama is not telling the Truth 17 62.96%
Don't know. 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:23 PM

6,272 posts, read 7,674,217 times
Default Obama story... not very factual...

I was down in Ohio visiting, Obama ran an ad on the TV stating that when he was a kid, he could recall having his grandfather taking him to see the returning Apollo Astronauts returning from the missions with him sitting on his Grandfather's shoulders waving an American Flag. Very touching story....

I thought about it for a few min's and realized that....

1. Obama was born on 4 August 1961 (And maybe not even in the US)

2. The first "Manned" Apollo 7 mission where it took men into space was in October 11, 1968. That would make Obama about seven years old and a "bit" big for a grandfather to have him sit on his shoulders...

http://www.thespaceplace.com/history.../apollo07.html

3. The Apollo's spacecraft splashed down in the Atlantic southeast of Bermuda, no where close to Hawaii where his Grandparents lived.

4. Obama lived in JAKARTA, Indonesia from 1967 to 1971 attending a Muslim school. At best he was at least 10 years old before he could "Sit" on his Grandfathers shoulders to watch the last of the Apollo missions. This was a year before the first "Manned" Apollo flight and a year before the the last flight ended and he was much too old/big to sit on his Grandfather's shoulders.

Funny but CNN accidentally verifies this:

CNN debunks false report about Obama - CNN.com

He simply wasn't able to be where he claims he was. He is inventing "History" to make himself look like a "Average Joe", which is a lie, pretty much what he has been doing all along. That is what Stalin, Hitler and a lot of others that got "Change" up and rolling.

He has done nothing to qualify him for the office of President except over state/claim events that he didn't do.

Remember he claimed he wouldn't wear an American Flag pin, and now after getting backlash, he is wearing one everywhere.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
miu

12,965 posts, read 21,566,309 times
Obama lying again?

You should have posted this in the 2008 Presidential Election subforum. Can a mod please move this thread over there?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:10 AM

3,141 posts, read 4,811,258 times
Each one of his little lies is like a brush stroke to a terrible painting.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
miu

12,965 posts, read 21,566,309 times
Obama is no different from any other politician. In addition, Chicago politics is very dirty and that's where he's lived for the last 20 years. There will be no good changes with Obama as president. And when he fails, his supporters will excuse him and say that it's the fault of those of us that didn't drink the Kool-Aid.

Obama is heading a cult.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 AM

16,311 posts, read 13,890,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

2. The first "Manned" Apollo 7 mission where it took men into space was in October 11, 1968. That would make Obama about seven years old and a "bit" big for a grandfather to have him sit on his shoulders...
Ah the smell of desperation is in the air

My grandson is 7, and if there was an event with crowds, and something I thought he should see you can damn well bet he would be sitting on my shoulders also, so he could see.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:21 AM

4,593 posts, read 2,592,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

4. Obama lived in JAKARTA, Indonesia from 1967 to 1971 attending a Muslim school. At best he was at least 10 years old before he could "Sit" on his Grandfathers shoulders to watch the last of the Apollo missions. This was a year before the first "Manned" Apollo flight and a year before the the last flight ended and he was much too old/big to sit on his Grandfather's shoulders.

Didn't you visit your grandparents when you were young?
I was to a lot of places, that were thousands of miles away from where I went to school when I was young.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Ah the smell of desperation is in the air

My grandson is 7, and if there was an event with crowds, and something I thought he should see you can damn well bet he would be sitting on my shoulders also, so he could see.
As would I... but ten or eleven years is a different story for a Grandfather that is around 50 to 60 years old...

But he would also have to be "IN" America to be on your shoulders. Obama had to be about ten or eleven years old before his timeline allowed him to returned to the US and see them in about late 1971 or early 1972...which was at the end of the moon mission and the Apollo program. They didn't start flying manned Apollo missions until "After" his step father and mother moved out of the Country in 1967.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I was to a lot of places, that were thousands of miles away from where I went to school when I was young.
In his book, he never mentions returns to the US during that time period. His Grandparents may have visited him there though.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,185,307 times
more 2nd rate conspiracy theorists. Get a LIFE, people!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 AM

878 posts, read 1,818,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
No, No and No. We never, ever, ever visited grandparents unless we were being raised by them. If Obama says he visited his grandparents then he is not being truthful because we know that nobody visits grandparents and for them to put you on their shoulders is totally absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections