U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 PM

4,248 posts, read 6,694,942 times

Advertisements

I was driving home tonight from work and almost started to cry. This nightmare just might be coming to an end. Perhaps there is still a chance to regain our position in the world.

President Barack Hussein Obama. No sweeter words were ever said

Who is with me? Let's do our VERY best this week to ensure this becomes reality (even though all the polls say it will - we know how that goes). Let's get out to vote early and let's encourage all our friends to do the same (except the conservative ones )

President Obama. President Obama. President Obama.

Gosh, I am smiling now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM

1,797 posts, read 3,899,411 times
Keep the "Hussein" out of his name and you won't freak out the radicals.....just sayin'...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Keep the "Hussein" out of his name and you won't freak out the radicals.....just sayin'...
Good point. Thanks. I can't correct the title. Nonetheless, I think it's fitting to embrace him for the totality that he is. It's about time we show the world we're not afraid of words, semantics, language. We are AMERICA! and we can be better than what we've shown the world in the past eight years. It IS who we are!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:36 PM

7,405 posts, read 11,989,590 times
Smile while you can, because if he gets into office, the country will be destroyed. The guy is an empty suit that has no clue.
If you like the way Obama rules, you would love Cuba... That's where we will be in no time...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM

404 posts, read 348,355 times
This is really a post from a kool-aid drinker

Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Smile while you can, because if he gets into office, the country will be destroyed. The guy is an empty suit that has no clue.
If you like the way Obama rules, you would love Cuba... That's where we will be in no time...
Let's review, contrast, and compare. Barack Obama graduated from the top of his class at Harvard. He could have gone on to make megabucks at some law firm. Instead, he chose to do community organizing.

Contrast - George Bush has a history of cocaine use along with alcoholism. He barely squeaked through Yale. Ahem. Did I mention his last name just HAPPENS to be Bush? Gee, hmmm.

That is then, this is now. And I am freaking ecstatic! Oh, and McCain is just old and senile and mean, to boot.

Last edited by movin'on; 10-27-2008 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,966,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Wrong, Mccain is like a older George Bush. Face the fact that Obama is better than Mccain and Obama going to be President. Mccain is nothing but a military butt head, that all he talk about is how much experience he have and the dude Joe the Plumber.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,008,684 times
i really like his name (yes, even his middle name)

shows character

i would really hate it if his name was something like Ronald Williams

thats boring

Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
i really like his name (yes, even his middle name)

shows character

i would really hate it if his name was something like Ronald Williams

thats boring
Here here, FreshFresh. It may be too early to start the party, but after 8 horrifying years, I just want to. Thank the Lord and praise Jeesus!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Wrong, Mccain is like a older George Bush. Face the fact that Obama is better than Mccain and Obama going to be President. Mccain is nothing but a military butt head, that all he talk about is how much experience he have and the dude Joe the Plumber.
And of course, Joe the Plumber, turned out to be a ruse. Much like Sarah Palin.

Where's the confetti? Woohoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections