Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Well, the last two he gave I have debunked personally with people here before only to have the posters who argued with me disappear never to respond again. /sigh
Soaring did rise dramatically under Palin, and we all know the verdict on "Troopergate", please fill me in this debunking you speak of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 01:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
I haven't read through this thread, but I came across an article several years ago saying that the average CEO had a "C" average.

Michael Dell dropped out of college.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,638,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
So you are pretty much saying that it's okay if a woman has 5 husbands in a span of 6 yrs b/c sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Okay, i see. Thanks
So, you're pretty much saying that going to college, whether for 1 year or 4 years or 6 years is the same as marriage? "Okay, i see. Thanks."

I will grant you that many people get screwed by their colleges, but that's more like cohabitation than marriage.

And I know lots of guys who've had 5 wives in a six years - but their husbands would have been pissed if they'd found out...

Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Spending rose in Palin's Alaska administrations - USATODAY.com
Quote:
...[T]he latest capital budget, even after the vetoes, is worth $2,500 per person in Alaska. The national average was $317 per person in state government capital outlays in 2003, the most recent data available, Erickson said.

"She has presided over a very unconservative capital budget by any nationwide standard,"
Palin has mixed record as fiscal conservative - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/839/story/1307966.html - broken link)

Imagine what she could do with an astronomical deficit.

Last edited by jest721; 10-28-2008 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Yikes! Spellin

Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Soaring did rise dramatically under Palin, and we all know the verdict on "Troopergate", please fill me in this debunking you speak of.

Look up my responses in the Palin threads if you are so inclined. I have no interest re-hashing out the same argument only to be left in a dead thread while people run off with their fingers in their ears when they can no longer answer to their failed position. Take it as you will, make a snide remark, not worth my time.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sarah Palin's a Brainiac - The Daily Beast

Of course she is. However, the Left, the dems and the MSM have tried desperately to portray her as something entirely different.
I posted this once before,but I'm going to rerun it one more time in your honor sanrene as a picture says a thousand words.Also I think all you understand are pictures.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,010,909 times
LOL.. good dig!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Look up my responses in the Palin threads if you are so inclined. I have no interest re-hashing out the same argument only to be left in a dead thread while people run off with their fingers in their ears when they can no longer answer to their failed position. Take it as you will, make a snide remark, not worth my time.
No one is being snide, you seem to think you know better than legitimate media sources. Not blogs, or editorials mind you. Additionally, you appear to have some reliable evidence to debunk my claim, but are unwilling to produce it. It seems the issue is your credibility, not my partisanship.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
No one is being snide, you seem to think you know better than legitimate media sources. Not blogs, or editorials mind you. Additionally, you appear to have some reliable evidence to debunk my claim, but are unwilling to produce it. It seems the issue is your credibility, not my partisanship.
What, you mean I don't bow down to the all powerful media and there complete and perfect knowledge of all they say? Sorry, look for another sucker. If you think the media coverage on this is "objective" and without slant, then you are confused, easily mislead and a perfect supporter for those who would manipulate you.

I don't "quote" the media, you do. I quote the official reports. That is, if we are talking about the troopergate report, I will use the report itself to show the problems with it. If you want to talk about the "Bridge to Nowhere" I will quote the actual bills and the votes of those relevant to it.
You focus on your special news sources made for idiots and those willing to take the claims at face value, I will deal with the facts.

As I said, if you are so inclined you can search up my responses in the threads relevant to each particular topic you mentioned. After all, it is better that those specific issues be discussed separately.

I won't waste my time pummeling your half-truth arguments in the ground and then running you off like the scared little misinformed person you are simply because it is a waste of my time. The facts are available, the fact that you will not look further then being told what to think tells me that any amount of evidence I provide will be useless.

So as I have told other posters, stick your head in the sand. I care not.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
What, you mean I don't bow down to the all powerful media and there complete and perfect knowledge of all they say? Sorry, look for another sucker. If you think the media coverage on this is "objective" and without slant, then you are confused, easily mislead and a perfect supporter for those who would manipulate you.

I don't "quote" the media, you do. I quote the official reports. That is, if we are talking about the troopergate report, I will use the report itself to show the problems with it. If you want to talk about the "Bridge to Nowhere" I will quote the actual bills and the votes of those relevant to it.
You focus on your special news sources made for idiots and those willing to take the claims at face value, I will deal with the facts...
So a panel (not a media creation) finds that she abused power, but you know better.

As for the bridge to nowhere, a questionairre she filled out stated:
Quote:
Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?

Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now - while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist.
But again, you know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections