Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 AM

495 posts, read 746,791 times

Advertisements

In the wake of a firestorm of criticism over Gov. Sarah Palin wearing a $150,000 wardrobe compliments of the RNC, Palin is now claiming she ordinarily buys her wardrobe from local consignment shops in Alaska.

Link to rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,914,658 times
Wake up and get with the program.. stop the idiotic madness.. how much has Obama spent on his wardrobe? Or his wife, or Biden, or McCain? Anything to distract from the questions being raised about the Marxist Bastard. Straight up this is very sexist... and not factual.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,697,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
In the wake of a firestorm of criticism over Gov. Sarah Palin wearing a $150,000 wardrobe compliments of the RNC, Palin is now claiming she ordinarily buys her wardrobe from local consignment shops in Alaska.

Link to rest.
She's about as full of it as some of her supporters are when they defend her idiocy or bash Obama.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,341,264 times
OK folks, I am as "rabid" an Obama supporter as they come. I have REAL PROBLEMS with Palin, on many many fronts BUT . . . her wardrobe is not one of them. I sincerely doubt that she requested or expected these much talked about clothes! If there is "blame" to be had here, it is with the RNC, or with the McCain campaign, AND. . . it is not worth talking about. . . .
so. . . . how about that Ted Stevens. . . huh?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,921,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Wake up and get with the program.. stop the idiotic madness.. how much has Obama spent on his wardrobe? Or his wife, or Biden, or McCain? Anything to distract from the questions being raised about the Marxist Bastard. Straight up this is very sexist... and not factual.
Unless Obama is using DNC money then it doesn't matter how much he is spending. That's the point....and it's not sexist.....your as bad as the Obamtrons playing the race card.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:18 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,942,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
OK folks, I am as "rabid" an Obama supporter as they come. I have REAL PROBLEMS with Palin, on many many fronts BUT . . . her wardrobe is not one of them. I sincerely doubt that she requested or expected these much talked about clothes! If there is "blame" to be had here, it is with the RNC, or with the McCain campaign, AND. . . it is not worth talking about. . . .
so. . . . how about that Ted Stevens. . . huh?
I tend to agree with you about the clothes issue. How McCain's staff choose to spend their money is their own decision. It's a stupid amount of money spent to keep Caribou Barbie looking pretty but they haven't had their priorities straight this whole campaign, so I'm not surprised. It's a shame that the McCain camp have proven to be sexist once again by putting so much stock in this woman's looks instead of educating her on what a VP actually does.

Then they wonder why women voters aren't jumping on board to support their gal.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,679,505 times
Poor jealous people cannot stop.

Is this all you are going to whine about?

Two of the shop owners have already been interviewed and backed it up.

Now, how about the 50,000 Obot spent on the fake greek doom walls from B. Spears sets???

How about the 27k her just spent on flying on your money to see a poor sick old granny who was not sick at all??

How about the 40k on the Grant Park Halloween Party for losers they have already spent on construction of loserville?

Lets keep going shall we?

Obot has spent more money shutting people up and paying of judges, newspapers and buying votes then Palin has spent here entire life.

And, I will send another 500.00 donation of MY MONEY to buy her more clothes, she will need them when she hits the WH, I love my women to be dressed nice! Not looking like some goodwill hag like Michelle!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 AM

289 posts, read 361,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Sorry but you should really wake up yourself and check the facts. None of the Democrats get their clothes paid for. On the other hand your contributions when to dress her pretty. You guys would be having a field day if this was reversed so deal with it. All you can do is to quote a dumb reporter from FL who's husband works with the GOP Media. Why is this sexist. I find it appalling that they wasted this money on dressing up Barbie.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,536,539 times
Why in the world would she spend a second talking about her clothes? They are losing this race and this story should be dead already. I love how they like to 'blame' the dems for talking about her clothes but she still keeps the story alive by talking about the dems talking about her clothes everytime she opens her mouth.

But whatever...the more time she spends talking about irrelevant issues, the more time for Obama to talk about real ones.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 AM

307 posts, read 713,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Poor jealous people cannot stop.

How about the 27k her just spent on flying on your money to see a poor sick old granny who was not sick at all??

And, I will send another 500.00 donation of MY MONEY to buy her more clothes, she will need them when she hits the WH, I love my women to be dressed nice! Not looking like some goodwill hag like Michelle!
Of all your comments these two just prove how sick you are! You must be one of those people we see in line at the Palin rallies saying crazy things.

How DO YOU KNOW his grandmother isn't sick? How can you stoop so slow and spew such crap?

And you love your women to be dressed nice? Wow talk about sexist! Your calling Michelle a goodwill hag?

As far as the clothes I really doubt Palin shops at consignments shops but I don't care that much about the clothes anymore, I don't think it's a real issue. The Republicans that were unhappy their money was being spent this way broke the story but somehow it is all the dems fault again. I do think it was another bad decision in a campaign of bad decisions and that leads to them looking bad overall but I do not personally blame Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections