Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,871,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
What is this Obama thing about? I certainly wouldn't have voted for either, but Hillary is so much more qualified? Is it because of Bill?

If this has been asked then Admin can delete this thread. Thank you!
Operation Chaos pt II -- re-ignite the Hillary supporters' passion over losing the primaries, to get them to change their vote to McCain at the last minute.

Nice try, but I think you are too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
We didn't like the way she ran her campaign. Atleast I didn't. My wife voted for her I voted Obama. I really, really hated how she treated her party member. She should have saved those tactic for the Republicans. She would have won if she kept it clean. When all of this is over you'll find that the tactic that worked the least was the negative attacks.
Thank you for your intelligent response.

I was looking for a serious answer and you did give it. Thank You! I just wanted to understand that a little better.

I kept hearing it was because of Bill, but I felt there was more.

Thanks again.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Operation Chaos pt II -- re-ignite the Hillary supporters' passion over losing the primaries, to get them to change their vote to McCain at the last minute.

Nice try, but I think you are too late.
Hold on to your paranoia. I was sincerely asking an honest question. I know that might astound you, but sometimes these things are for real.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
We didn't like the way she ran her campaign. Atleast I didn't. My wife voted for her I voted Obama. I really, really hated how she treated her party member. She should have saved those tactic for the Republicans. She would have won if she kept it clean. When all of this is over you'll find that the tactic that worked the least was the negative attacks.
The McCain campaign is looking alot like the Hillary campaign at the end of the democratic primary. Like McCain, Hillary had a different message every week, just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
looking back, its a good thing the democrats didnt choose Hillary. She certainly wouldnt be leading is states like Virginia, North Carolina or Colorado, mainly because Hillary is a polarizing figure and republicans hate her. She also would not have attracted the number of Independents Obama is attracting. If Hillary had been the nominee, we'd be looking at an electoral map similar to 2000 and 2004 where once again all eyes would be just on Florida and Ohio. That scenario doesnt look good for the democrats.

But experience isnt everything. Americans have picked many "inexperienced" presidents and many became our nation's greatest presidents.
Thanks for the input.

I can't help but notice your last sentence, in bold. Palin has been battered around with the "inexperienced" issue. Guess that can't hold true for her either?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,771,530 times
I voted for Obama over Hillary in the primaries because I agreed with his positions on the issues that are important to me. Shocking, I know.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,068,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The McCain campaign is looking alot like the Hillary campaign at the end of the democratic primary. Like McCain, Hillary had a different message every week, just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks.

Exactly.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,061,874 times
Quote:
What is this Obama thing about? I certainly wouldn't have voted for either, but Hillary is so much more qualified? Is it because of Bill?

If this has been asked then Admin can delete this thread. Thank you!
More qualified, in what way? Most Democrats rejected the "first lady as qualification argument" which left Hillary barely edging out Obama's time in the Senate without adding his legislative experience in the Illinois senate, which left her in a deficit regarding time in years as an elected official.

The other problem with Hillary was her vote for the war and her adamant refusal to accept responsibility for that vote.

And, last but not least, Hillary's, much like McCain's, inability to articulate a singular and consistent message expressing why she should be elected. A badly mismanaged campaign which reflected badly on her claimed leadership abilities.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input.

I can't help but notice your last sentence, in bold. Palin has been battered around with the "inexperienced" issue. Guess that can't hold true for her either?
There is a difference in being inexperienced and ignorant in domestic and foreign affairs. Palin is ignorant in that regard. Obama doesnt have alot of experience but he has more knowledge in these matters and he knows what he is talking about unlike Sarah Palin. An inexperience person can be ready to president but a person ignorant in the job description isnt.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,518 times
I believe Hillary is not the one on the ballot because of the Republican crossover vote for Obama. He was seen as easier to beat by the Republican candidate. All those past relationships, no voting record, skeletons in his closet and hundreds still "out at the cleaners"...
I believe the thinking was, how would an intelligent voter select Obama?
And, don't ask me, I still haven't figured it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections