U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC
426 posts, read 387,109 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines4Commonsense View Post
"I like to remind those who call us traitors that we're the Republicans who have not left the party; that as millions of people leave the GOP each year, we're the ones who want to stay and help us rediscover our greatness.

The two-party system may go under a little shake-up after this election, but it's not going away, and the Republican party itself is probably not going away. Over the next week and over the next eight years, there's still much we can do to help our party regenerate itself, as we help the Obama presidency be everything it can for America."

~ J.M., RFO
I think I'm going to be sick...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:00 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
14 posts, read 14,435 times
Reputation: 17
Thumbs up Republicans who vote for Obama are NOT traitors

Well said Marine. Ohh Rah!

Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines4Commonsense View Post
"I like to remind those who call us traitors that we're the Republicans who have not left the party; that as millions of people leave the GOP each year, we're the ones who want to stay and help us rediscover our greatness.

The two-party system may go under a little shake-up after this election, but it's not going away, and the Republican party itself is probably not going away. Over the next week and over the next eight years, there's still much we can do to help our party regenerate itself, as we help the Obama presidency be everything it can for America."

~ J.M., RFO
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Eastport, Maine
312 posts, read 433,827 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Didn't McCain just help put in place the "bailout" - which set aside $700 BILLION to (in part) socialize banks?

Isn't McCain proposing buying up mortgages from folks over their heads then given them back to them at lower rates - and taxpayer expense (effectively "Socializing" their housing)?

Are you saying McCain is not a Republican?

Seems to me that your idea of "Socialism" is merely whatever is convenient to you at the time - the rest of the time your merely turn a blind eye.

That sure doesn't lend much credence to your arguments.

Ken
very well said!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Status: "Why do I come here?" (set 25 days ago)
 
7,793 posts, read 3,912,657 times
Reputation: 3380
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro2008 View Post
i think i'm going to be sick...
Mission Accomplished!!!!!

Last edited by helenejen; 11-01-2008 at 12:16 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 PM
 
703 posts, read 489,715 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
everybody who votes for Barack Hussein Obama is a traitor.

Bob Barr 08
I served in this country's military.

I am voting for Obama, and I take great exception to you labeling me a traitor.

Are you a military vet?

Lastly, I think this is an awesome thread, Marines4Commonsense, thank you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:12 PM
 
Location: DC area
1,632 posts, read 1,483,595 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Sorry, any Republican that votes for Obama is by definition, not a Republican. They may not be a traitor (they just may have changed their viewpoint). But a Republican/conservative would not vote for a person who espouses socialist philosophy.. it just doesn't make sense.
No, no, no, no. Stop the madness. McCain espouses that same socialist philosophy at this point. Just because you can put more points on Obama's board under the evil socialist column doesn't mean McCain doesn't have his own ticks.

I am sick and tired of this stupid, false logic for what makes a Republican. Fiscal conservatism, yeah lets talk about who people are voting for, have voted for and where that candidate falls in line with THAT core Republican value. Bah.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:13 PM
 
703 posts, read 489,715 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Sorry, any Republican that votes for Obama is by definition, not a Republican. They may not be a traitor (they just may have changed their viewpoint). But a Republican/conservative would not vote for a person who espouses socialist philosophy.. it just doesn't make sense.
You wouldn't know socialism, or conservatism for that matter, if it bit you on the nose.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
1,711 posts, read 1,876,044 times
Reputation: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Sorry, any Republican that votes for Obama is by definition, not a Republican. They may not be a traitor (they just may have changed their viewpoint). But a Republican/conservative would not vote for a person who espouses socialist philosophy.. it just doesn't make sense.
100% correct here.

For a conservative, voting for a socialist like Obama would be something like having a sexual affair with your father's wife or daughters.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:18 PM
 
11,130 posts, read 8,205,282 times
Reputation: 3649
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I am sick and tired of this stupid, false logic for what makes a Republican. Fiscal conservatism, yeah lets talk about who people are voting for, have voted for and where that candidate falls in line with THAT core Republican value. Bah.
Thing is, nothing will kill a thread faster than actually talking about the tenets of fiscal conservatism. You mention things like the spending side of the issue as opposed to the income side, you end up alone in an echo chamber because those espousing the 5 second sound byte handed down and obediently regurgitated suddenly run off to bash the Obama's next door neighbors second cousins uncles wife once attended a rally with Arafat threads...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
 
11,130 posts, read 8,205,282 times
Reputation: 3649
and of course.... massage, rinse, repeat... oy
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top