Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM

26,586 posts, read 36,518,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I can tell you first hand, I have 4 employees who are making 6.00 per hour and not one of them are worth even the 6.00 I pay them. They are useless and are about to be dumped.
Seriously, if this is even true, you are in violation of the law by paying your employees less than min. wage. Are you running one of those sweatshops? What are you doing with the taxes that you are taking out of these peoples' substandard wages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,301,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
See, just as predicted, A bunch of emotional one-liners. Worthless responses people!
What is emotional about citing commercial paper availability and the pending rate cut...? Please respond. Thanks!

Oh, and I assume quoting AP releases on market activity and the reasons for the rise also qualifies as emotion...I look forward to your reply.

Last edited by Jrprofess; 10-28-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,908,756 times
Quote:
Yep, that is what my broker just told me. Rumors on the street are some internal polling showing the momentum has shifted dramatically to McCain now and those internal polls showing an even race, or even McCain up by a point.
Yeah, uh huh. The Dow is up because the Feds are probably dropping the rates again, and it's dirt cheap to buy stock right now. Nothing to do with McCain's or Obama's campaigns.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Obama wants me to pay losers 9.00 per hour to sit on their ass.

I can tell you first hand, I have 4 employees who are making 6.00 per hour and not one of them are worth even the 6.00 I pay them. They are useless and are about to be dumped.

My top employees who work hard making me money get paid for what they do, make me money while I sit here and chat, those bottom feeders who are worthless will be getting the axe once I get this huge order done.

Libs want us to pay loser 9.00 and pay 10.00 for a happy meal. Shows how stupid they really are.

Min wage should be back to 3.00 per hour for the stupid people with no skills or ability.
This post is just plain sick.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:09 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,889,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I predict you'll be very unhappy next week.
...and you might want to get a new broker, too...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:10 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,760,686 times
Quote:
Yep, that is what my broker just told me. Rumors on the street are some internal polling showing the momentum has shifted dramatically to McCain now and those internal polls showing an even race, or even McCain up by a point.

McCain will win this election folks.

Now for the baseless, senseless, one-liner Obama paid supporter attacks.

Bring it!

Won't matter! What we do behind that curtain, in voting for McCain can't be dictated by you looney's, or a late nigh, infomercial traveling salesman called Obama. People are seeing through his fake utopia sales job! All he does is travel around and go down a list of "tell me sweet nothings" and you emotionally driven supporters buy it. Only problem for you is, there are still enough sensible Americans left, who don;t buy into the hype!
I thought you were hiding all your money under your mattress. Is your broker a dust bunny?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,889,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I thought you were hiding all your money under your mattress. Is your broker a dust bunny?
LOL! Well, getting financial advice from a dust bunny is probably as smart as getting political news from Fox...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:14 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,184,110 times
Quote:
See, just as predicted, A bunch of emotional one-liners. Worthless responses people!
OMG - Poor woman --- "emotional one-liners"?? really! No, just the facts (fed rate cut; Bush urging banks to loan and stop hoarding $$) - rather than speculation from your broker who'd probably like you to get back in the market and BUY, BUY, BUY!
Might the market upswing also be related to the likelihood of an *Obama* presidency?

Not to mention again the news that all those pesky millions of foreigners desperately want (and now expect) Obama to win!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,288,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Obama wants me to pay losers 9.00 per hour to sit on their ass.

My top employees who work hard making me money get paid for what they do, make me money while I sit here and chat, those bottom feeders who are worthless will be getting the axe once I get this huge order done.

Libs want us to pay loser 9.00 and pay 10.00 for a happy meal. Shows how stupid they really are.

Min wage should be back to 3.00 per hour for the stupid people with no skills or ability.
Why not just bring back slavery??

Old 10-28-2008, 03:16 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,072,025 times
I believe in McCAIN's fight for AMERICA!!!

YouTube - McCain Palin Rally Hershey PA 10-28 Part 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections