Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times

Advertisements

yes let's cry for a multi millionaire Huizienga and his taxes! This man is only after his own self interests just like when he bought our beloved Marlins and then dumped them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
*snip*

Not to mention the fact that the current value of the Dolphins certainly reflects some huge capital investment that was paid for by the taxpayers (not the owner). Yet, he's trying to get out of paying taxes on the money he makes when he sells the team? Pitiful.
ITA with everything you said. I'd be willing to bet that if you included deductions and loopholes in what % of taxes he pays per income that my partner and I actually pay more. We're sitting at right around 30% per year right now with a minimum of applicable deductions and no we do not make over 200k.

Quote:
I have had the pleasure of meeting Wayne once and I will hold my tongue what I think of the fella.

I'll be sure to look up that piece and look forward to reading it with much anticipation. Just got my new copy of American Conservative in the mail and I would have even tossed up a link to a good article or two but I've already been tossed under the bus for being branded a heretic.
Now I'm curious as all get out. Toss me a pm on him if you ever feel like letting your tongue run free.

As for the links, post them anyway. From one heretic to another, I at least am interested and to heck with those that aren't. They post what they want to with impunity no matter how ridiculous so why should the rest of us hold back?

Quote:
The owner is very smart and gives millions to charity...(100 million) and rather gives at to charity than over paying in taxes, like Obama wants to do
Because I'm just this cynical...I rarely trust anyone that gives that much away to be doing it for the sake of giving. The tax write offs they get from doing so are too great to make me buy it especially in light of his obvious feelings about taxes, his income and what he'll do to refrain from paying it.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Yeah, the world is going to end because of a few more points on a portion of a billionairies income.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Owner wants to push through a sale in case Obama wins so he wouldn't get slammed on Obama's capital gains tax.

Miami Dolphins owner rushes to sell stake to avoid Obama tax hit (Dealscape)
Well there goes his Mega-Billionaires for Obama membership, right down the toilet.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Owner wants to push through a sale in case Obama wins so he wouldn't get slammed on Obama's capital gains tax.

Miami Dolphins owner rushes to sell stake to avoid Obama tax hit (Dealscape)
Why do you think that the stock market is so turbulent?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[YAWN]

I'd concentrate on your own affairs now.

The guy is your next President....President Obama. .....deal with it.

Let's hope we do better then the dems dealt with Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections