Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
LOL fox news a credible source? .. now I am laughing!!!!!
the Obama campaign refunds any non real donations.
grow up people and stop with this non-sense.
This is not Fox News the cable news network. This is our local TV station. But you Dems will look the other way any time there is questionable activity from the Obama campaign. It's disgusting and it's the reason McCain has to win next Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
What you describe appears to have been happening with all campaigns for years.

Sort of like how Saudi Nationals donated to daddy's Bush's campaign. Just using differant shell companies, etc...

This is not a story.
It is a story and it is troublesome................

Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
This is not Fox News the cable news network. This is our local TV station. But you Dems will look the other way any time there is questionable activity from the Obama campaign. It's disgusting and it's the reason McCain has to win next Tuesday.
Exactly.............

Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM

511 posts, read 658,386 times
Refund and chargebacks normal everyday happenings... the thread is a no brainer.

If that happened and I have read many storys on this happening
in both the McCain AND Obama sites, they are REFUNDED.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
True, The Obama Campaign is scary at the least.

Diane G

Old 10-29-2008, 02:28 PM

387 posts, read 677,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh what a story even if you say it isnt.. Charge backs would come in months after the donations are made, (ha, after the elections are over) and, this does nothing to discuss gift cards bought and used in other peoples names illegally.

My disclosure, I'm a credit card merchant and AVS is on by default, and if your going to shut it off, you do so knowing that chargebacks and fees are higher. Why would anyone pay a higher fee ON PURPOSE to take legal donations?
In my experience, the smaller the chargeback, the later it comes. But usually for stolen credit cards, it's within days, not months. Either way, he has to pay them back, and I think it takes a lot of imagination to believe there are enough fraudulent transactions for it to really matter.

As for why you would turn them off. Why do you think the gateway service LETS you turn them off if they do nothing but prevent fraud? They also do discourage some legitimate transactions, especially for smaller amounts ($20 or less) -- exactly the kind of donation a populist candidate relies on.

Look, you don't have to trust me when I say it's a non-issue. I'm just saying, I've worked for years in this area, and from my perspective, it's a non-issue.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
McCains kicks out bad ones and does not accept them.
That's why is gonna lose the election

Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
In my experience, the smaller the chargeback, the later it comes. But usually for stolen credit cards, it's within days, not months. Either way, he has to pay them back, and I think it takes a lot of imagination to believe there are enough fraudulent transactions for it to really matter.

As for why you would turn them off. Why do you think the gateway service LETS you turn them off if they do nothing but prevent fraud? They also do discourage some legitimate transactions, especially for smaller amounts ($20 or less) -- exactly the kind of donation a populist candidate relies on.

Look, you don't have to trust me when I say it's a non-issue. I'm just saying, I've worked for years in this area, and from my perspective, it's a non-issue.
I see I'm keying faster then your able to digest the data, I'll try to key slower. (since I'm keying one handed, this says a lot)

Go buy 50 debit cards for $200 each, charge them all to the Obama campaign, and Obama gets a $10,000 donation FROM YOU, that he does not need to disclose, even though the law states otherwise..

You turn off AVS when your dealing with a lot of international transactions. I know, I do 40% of my business international and I run two websites due to it, one for US customers with AVS on, one with it off, for international transactions.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Newsmax and right wing websites... ok, those are REALLY credible sources...
No more unreliable then Huffington/daily kos/moveon etc... I guess reliable depends totally on party affiliation right?

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,414 times
Well, he can't get elected without illegal contributions and voter fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections