Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM

59 posts, read 183,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
The Palin one was allowed to stay, therefore the Obama should be allowed to as well.

Sarah Palin effigy hung in Halloween display | Reuters

I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfoxxie View Post
I agree 100%.
I didn;t realize the Obama one was on University property, while I agree that what is fair for one should be fair for all, I can't support the University allowing it. They need to move it to private property.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,009 times
Oh well, like I said, obama set racial relations back 50 years MINIMUM! WTG ahole!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:58 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,009 times
Id say these boys are owed an apology. Racial Gap Widens at Johns Hopkins Following Fraternity's Party - Chronicle.com

Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Id say these boys are owed an apology, it was on private property. Racial Gap Widens at Johns Hopkins Following Fraternity's*Party - Chronicle.com
Then again it halloween.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Looks like someone here might be getting a visit from the MIB.
You inciting my demise, because the MIB here in the UK attack those who are of afflictive nature.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:08 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,750 times
What kind of country are we running when anyone sees either of these as ok.

White women have been just as suppressed as blacks in my view and either one of these should be not tolerated.

I am sick of the one way Obama street, if Palins is allowed to stay and not ordered down as is being called artistic by the person who hangs it then the person who hung the Obama one can also say it is an artistic item as well.

We need to get over the 150 year ago issues and move on, there are just as money whites who have been mis treated in the country as there are blacks.

No one is alive today who did anything wrong 150 years ago, get over it and move on.

Hell affirmative action has screwed me more then any issue in out lives today and I do not blame the 4 blacks who took over my job and could not do it, I blame the system for screwing over me and allowing 4 idiots to be proven they could not do the job anyway.

If the Palin one remains, so should the Obama one. No difference.

Afterall it is Halloween right!!

* As a side note, Wal Mart is getting sued by some racist pig for allowing Obama face mask to be sold while they said nothing about the McCain one right beside it.

We need to get this country fixed before it goes to far.

We all get to start from zero today and if you cannot make it in todays world it is your own damn fault as I see many getting a head start just because of something none of us had anything to do with 150 years ago.

Lets not forget that women in general have been treated more wrongly then any group and it is time we end that.

The Palin hanging item is racist beyond belief yet no one is saying a word.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
I'm suprised the femminists havn't bitched and moaned.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
What kind of country are we running when anyone sees either of these as ok.

White women have been just as suppressed as blacks in my view and either one of these should be not tolerated.

I am sick of the one way Obama street, if Palins is allowed to stay and not ordered down as is being called artistic by the person who hangs it then the person who hung the Obama one can also say it is an artistic item as well.

We need to get over the 150 year ago issues and move on, there are just as money whites who have been mis treated in the country as there are blacks.

No one is alive today who did anything wrong 150 years ago, get over it and move on.

Hell affirmative action has screwed me more then any issue in out lives today and I do not blame the 4 blacks who took over my job and could not do it, I blame the system for screwing over me and allowing 4 idiots to be proven they could not do the job anyway.

If the Palin one remains, so should the Obama one. No difference.

Afterall it is Halloween right!!

* As a side note, Wal Mart is getting sued by some racist pig for allowing Obama face mask to be sold while they said nothing about the McCain one right beside it.

We need to get this country fixed before it goes to far.

We all get to start from zero today and if you cannot make it in todays world it is your own damn fault as I see many getting a head start just because of something none of us had anything to do with 150 years ago.

Lets not forget that women in general have been treated more wrongly then any group and it is time we end that.

The Palin hanging item is racist beyond belief yet no one is saying a word.
Well said!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:19 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Oh Lordy here we go again..............why is it racist when an Obama dummy is hung, but when a Palin dummy is hung is just A-OK?? I get so sick, and I am sure I am not alone in this, of the double standard. Hey did anyone ever realize its Halloween and crazy stuff like that is gonna happen? So I guess if I take a dummy of a cat and hang it from my porch, that means I abuse animals?? NO! Lighten UP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections